What Coach Could Have Won With Tannehill? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Coach Could Have Won With Tannehill?

You put a roster with one of the greatest defenses of all time, a genius HC like Andy Reid, an all time OL, better than what Dallas had last year, a HOF running back and a Kicker that can put 60 yarders and yes you can win a Superbowl with TaMEHhill!!!!

according to darlingtion, gase is considering grew Williams for DC!!! What a moron. lol we will beat them so bad

It would take more than just a coach.

Gotta say the premise for this thread is :dead: and :poop

It's going to be a long time before we beat any team bad.

If Gase is so stupid like all the experts on this board are saying .We will at least beat them! We got this!

Here is the thing that most of you will not admit. Gase won a VERY HIGH PERCENTAGE of his games with Tannehill when the OL had all or most of it's starters in. Tannehill throughout his career has a good winning % with the same support. Clowns on here spin this and say a QB that needs Pro Bowl players around him to win isn't worth a crap and that is a bad joke! Even with the starters in, the Dolphins OL has consistently ranked 25 or worse. The biggest issue has been the depth on the team at OL has not just been bad, it has been a sad joke! However, Gase won with Tannehill when not decimated by injury in his time here.

What coach could have been successful with Tannehill at qb? The answer is no coach. So how was Gase supposed to win in Miami?
By taking the playbook page with the bubble screen on it and shoving it up his own ass.

For starters.

Instinctive, mobile QB's can make things happen when protection falls apart.

RT (aka coach killer) not so much.
I hear this all the time, and Russell Wilson is consistently brought up with having O Lines ranked worse than ours....but the comparison is not there for anyone who watches both QBs and teams. Wilson consistently receives pressure up the middle and escapes back side a large % of the time. Tannehill consistently has a complete pocket collapse with no where to run or escape at all. Sure, there have been times like with all QBs that he could have escaped or done something, but this is a very small percentage of the time. He is getting hit by multiple people, including his own O-Line being pushed back into him a very large part of the time. It has been that way every year, especially after the constant injury to multiple starters that has happened every year he has played, with back ups who are not just bad, they are horrible.

I don't care who the coach is, or who the QB is....if we do not find a permanent fix to this OL and add at least decent depth, we will never be very good.

What coach could have been successful with Tannehill at qb? The answer is no coach. So how was Gase supposed to win in Miami?
I think a LOT of coaches could've won with him if they wouldn't have tried to make him a pocket passer.
There are offensive schemes where he COULD have been successful, but that still wouldn't have made him a complete QB.
I honestly think Philbin and Gase FAILED the guy,and the team, as far as him ever reaching his potential.
He has a skillset, but it was never fully utilized, due to bad coaching and scheme.

Me on Madden, I kill it w/ RT & those little smurfs Wilson & Grant in the slot.

Back
Top Bottom