What Could Have Been | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Could Have Been

We have 3.5 years to increase Rosen value, there's still time for the light to go on.

He will be a nice backup until then

When you need a new QB nothing ventured nothing gained

You can play this game all day— there was almost always a better player available when the Dolphins picked the dozens of stiffs that they’ve brought in here over the last 15-20 years.

Not only that, the arm chair GM’s — who are never wrong BTW — conveniently only bring up the players they liked that are working out thus far and NEVER start a thread talking about a player they lobbied for that hasn’t worked out thus far.

Oh the joys of hindsight......

It looks like football/dolphin analyst CK was very accurate in how this situation played out..didn’t want the trade, wanted to save the resource, didn’t think Rosen would flourish on such a depleted roster..

I was ok with the trade because I thought the talent was worth a shot for an asset like a 2nd rounder, however in no way shape or form did it change my own narrative of rebuilding the way we are for the sake of getting Tua and cleaning house in the process to gain assets to surround the player.

Anybody with a brain knew a young QB Would not develop on a tanking roster.

I still think Rosen will be in play here next season with a new roster...competition for a rookie QB and depth.

I have no problem with the trade.

Rosen was improving until the Redskin game. The pass rush by the Redskins made it impossible for any QB to do very much. The Skins switched to prevent when Fitz came in. Rosen mostly didn't have one second to diagnose the defense, choose his target, set his feet and fire the ball. He still came out of the bye a step back from how he was playing prior to and that's concerning.

Also Miami didn’t do a lot of max protect like previously.....

I applaud the coach for saving Rosen from the abuse Buffalo would have dealt him....this year is meaningless....looking forward to 2020!

It looks like football/dolphin analyst CK was very accurate in how this situation played out..didn’t want the trade, wanted to save the resource, didn’t think Rosen would flourish on such a depleted roster..

CK felt that way? Wow. I can't believe old sweatervest agreed with me.

It’s not just draft picks - it’s $140 million in free agency.

the Dolphins MUST be aggressive - we MUST purchase MINIMUM 3 GOOD O-lineman - plus draft 3 to 4 - plus get aggressive in UDFA - we will have 6 to 9 new O-lineman here next year.

Grier is very likely not the guy / if he were proof would be in the Charles Harris pudding!

He has done well getting value for this coming season...does he know talent?

Rosen should come back.... Of course he is not playing well but the pressure from a "Hang in there" Oline, the WR's not helping him. I could count at least 5TD's dropped by Parker, Williams, Grant etc...

Erik McCoy was on most people’s draft and it should be no surprise he’s performing well, but nobody should kid themselves into thinking that his production would have been replicated had we drafted him. He would have been dragged down by the shitshow on offer this year as Wilkins and Dieter have.

I hated the move on draft night but later decided it was a gamble worth taking and I still believe that. I don’t pay much attention to the QB experts who don’t believe in maturation or improvement.

Here is the problem with what you are saying. We as fans could pick better players than this damn FO. We are joke for a reason. I sat there two years ago while Goedert and Andrews were available and we draft Geilsicki. it is maddening that people on a message board could draft better than people that get paid to do it. So even if we had not drafted Rosen we still probably would not have selected McCoy.
Well said and its been this way for a long long time. It has made me consider whether or not something else really determines who gets drafted like its predetermined by agents who tell some teams "He does not want to go there" or by owners making deals behind the scenes. Its not as free a market on draft day as its made out to be...too much visible talent falls to teams way late & too much reaching is done way early.

Erik McCoy was on most people’s draft and it should be no surprise he’s performing well, but nobody should kid themselves into thinking that his production would have been replicated had we drafted him. He would have been dragged down by the ****show on offer this year as Wilkins and Dieter have.
I agree with what you say - nobody's production is as good as where they were once they don the aqua and coral.

Having stated that, you have to start somewhere and a wise lady once told me you build from the inside out.

Trust me, I'm all for getting that elusive franchise QB. We should draft both Tua AND Burrow. It can be done.

If the Dolphins were any better than they are right now that might be wildly detrimental to the overall cause. So I’m ok with not looking back.

Back
Top Bottom