What Could Have Been | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Could Have Been

Here is the problem with what you are saying. We as fans could pick better players than this damn FO. We are joke for a reason. I sat there two years ago while Goedert and Andrews were available and we draft Geilsicki. it is maddening that people on a message board could draft better than people that get paid to do it. So even if we had not drafted Rosen we still probably would not have selected McCoy.
Solid point

Rosen was improving until the Redskin game. The pass rush by the Redskins made it impossible for any QB to do very much. The Skins switched to prevent when Fitz came in. Rosen mostly didn't have one second to diagnose the defense, choose his target, set his feet and fire the ball. He still came out of the bye a step back from how he was playing prior to and that's concerning.

He was improving? Wait..What?

Rosen was improving until the Redskin game. The pass rush by the Redskins made it impossible for any QB to do very much. The Skins switched to prevent when Fitz came in. Rosen mostly didn't have one second to diagnose the defense, choose his target, set his feet and fire the ball. He still came out of the bye a step back from how he was playing prior to and that's concerning.
Those 2 interceptions he threw he had plenty of time in the pocket. Watching it live at the stadium, those throws were ugly.

So we could have had McCoy and Tunsil on this OL 2/5 key pieces to turn this OL around. Talk about self sabotage.
I know, now we have 4 picks to draft olineman with with those trades...****ing bullshit I tell you!

Not really. There's no guarantee Miami would have drafted McCoy and the return on Tunsil was pretty damn good.

Yeah you're right I just remember 1-2 resident draft experts here say McCoy would be ours in the 2nd round if available and when he was actually available some in the chat were calling for McCoy. However given our draft history who knows who we would have selected but it's nice to dream.

It looks like football/dolphin analyst CK was very accurate in how this situation played out..didn’t want the trade, wanted to save the resource, didn’t think Rosen would flourish on such a depleted roster..

I was ok with the trade because I thought the talent was worth a shot for an asset like a 2nd rounder, however in no way shape or form did it change my own narrative of rebuilding the way we are for the sake of getting Tua and cleaning house in the process to gain assets to surround the player.

I was on board because its worth a shot on such a highly drafted, highly rated player after one year, and most importantly, QBs retain value more than most players. The problem is they basically did this with absolutely no plan to put anything around him to properly evaluate him. So unless they did it with the intent of seeing him compete with 2020 drafted QB and see if he can develop enough as a stop gap / mentor to then offload for a comparable pick, it ends up being a waste.

I think they will keep Rosen for at least another year, and he may start the season. If he shows anything, it would be good to unload him. Maybe he's a late bloomer like Drew Brees. Brees looked like bustville until they drafted Rivers then he turned into an all-pro.

Really hard to evaluate Rosen in this situation or the one he was in in Arizona.

You can play this game all day— there was almost always a better player available when the Dolphins picked the dozens of stiffs that they’ve brought in here over the last 15-20 years.

Yeah but the concerning thing is a guy who played a role in drafting the stiffs is the one making the picks next draft.

At some point Grier is going to have to show something to explain why he's the guy to trust with this rebuild. It's a scary proposition.

I thought McCoy would have been a better pick at 13 than Wilkins. Not saying the book is closed, but I liked McCoy more than Bradbury by a solid margin. Dillard/Lindstrom and then McCoy was my ideal scenario - with the hope Miami could get Tua in 2020. But, it's good to see McCoy playing well.

I would have just drafted Dillard and McCoy and felt good about setting up the future QB, but I can't hate the trade back. My main contention was that McCoy is one of the best Center prospects in a while, and I'd rather just take a Top 20 talent then have two late 2nd's, but the league obviously didn't think he was a Top 20 player. Rosen still has a chance to return some value, and I do think the potential value relative to the compensation was good, but I'd rather just go all-in on surrounding the QB you really believe (hopefully Tua) with as much help as possible.

To back up hiw great McCoy is, A&M OL last year was #1 in SEC rushing. This year we have most starters returning and we suck! can barely average 2yrds rushing and goal line and short yardage is a joke.

Well, we have this to look forward to.

1571467985870.png

While I'm a fan of the kid from Wisconsin, there is no way we take him with either of our 1st two picks.

If he's still around when that 3rd pick though...

Back
Top Bottom