What could have happened if we traded down | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What could have happened if we traded down

dolfan348454999

Macdaddy
Reaction score
I'm going to play the role of monday mourning quarterback here and point out what might have happened if we did trade down. I am guessing that we would have recieved picks 7 18 and 49.

7) Cadilac Williams(remember we didnt pick brown so the bears would probubly pick brown. Then the Buccs would take cedric benson so williams would still be availbe)
18) Aaron Rodgers
46)Khalif Barnes
49)WR

i think it does not matter anymore, we got the hummer and i like it

I really wanted all three, didn't matter, but then when everyone analyzed the players, it just made sense we got Brown. He was the best back, man, he looks like he could be the best RB in the NFL in a year. He has vision, speed, can block, great hands, size, breakaway speed, and is a humble guy. I also was listening to Torry Holt, who I thought did a great job, and he said he likes Caddy, but he has a running style that is more prone to getting injured. Asked if he would change the style if he was the coach, he said no, because it works for him, but that could have been a risk.

dolfan348454999 said:
I'm going to play the role of monday mourning quarterback here and point out what might have happened if we did trade down. I am guessing that we would have recieved picks 7 18 and 49.

7) Cadilac Williams(remember we didnt pick brown so the bears would probubly pick brown. Then the Buccs would take cedric benson so williams would still be availbe)
18) Aaron Rodgers
46)Khalif Barnes
49)WR

Tampa would have still taken Caddy since he is grudens boy. I think we would have taken Benson at #7 And Marcus Spears at #18.

also if we get to pick at 18 and take rodgers, there is no way green bay passes on roth and after i saw some of the highlights, i sure wanna see this guy in a phins uni

I say we would of taken one of the big three RB's with the 7th pick. Plus we could of gotten Marcus Spears with the 18th pick from Minnesota. Plus maybe Marcus Johnson with the 49th pick, or Khalif Barnes.

I am very satisfied with what we got with our 1st day picks.

We got our RB stud. Plus we got a worthy animal in our DE Matt Roth, who may not be as big as Spears, but plays with a passion. Crowder is the big gamble, but I beleive he can wreck havic in our system.

If we traded with Minny and got Rodgers and Brown. THat would be sweeeeeeeeet.

Saban did not like Rogers so even if we had three 1st round picks i highly doubt he would have drafted him.

Our Only Trade Down Suitor On Dday Was Cleveland

dolfan348454999 said:

18) Aaron Rodgers
46)Khalif Barnes
49)WR

So that would have involved a switch from 2 to 3 so Cleveland could pick Edwards and picking up Cleveland's #34 in the second as a minimum trade. We could have taken Edwards, Benson, or Caddillac Williams with the #3 and a combination of any of these two guys with the #34 and #46: Poole S, Brown WR, Ruud ILB, Cody DT, Routt CB, Bradley WR, Bullochs FS, Roos OT, Burnett OLB, Webster CB, Arrington ILB, Roth DE/LB, or three of my favorites Roscoe Parrish, Terrence Murphy, and Frank Gore.

My selections:
Benson or Williams RBs with #3,
Roscoe Parrish or Poole or Webster with #34 and
Roth or Parrish with #46

Scary to think about and it still makes me kinda mad, but we could have taken Mike Williams @ 7, and the next best RB available at 18.

I would have loved to see that, bc there would be no question on our offense, but since we didn't I'm happy with Ronnie. I just hope all the rest of the tier 2 RB's flop.

There is no point in even doing this to ourselves. It seems quite clear that Minnesota was set on Williamson and Washington was set on Rogers/Campbell. Nick did a hell of a job making it sound like there was interest (he even got Nolan to buy it), but it's pretty clear it really was all Nick's fog machine in hindsight.

I read that Minn actually had Brown and then Edwards on their board ahead of Williamson. If that were the case, we would not have been able to take any of the top 3 RB's.

That's fine cause we could have take Erasmus James at 18 and lose out on Roth.

Just for fun

#7- Mike Williams
#18- Erasmus James
#34- JJ ARRINGTON (Traded #49 and #104)
#43- Corey Webster (traded 46 and later pick)

I know it wouldn't have happened since Saban wouldn't trade picks, so if you want throw David Bowens and Reggie Howard into the mix.

That is what would have been great for me. That would have left us without a 4th and 5th but the upside is we now get a starting RB and a possible starting CB.
We lose Roth but now have James. We lose Brown but instead get Arrington and Williams. We lose out on Davis but we get a better rated CB in Webster.

The only position we lose out on getting is ILB with Crowder.

Back
Top Bottom