What did the Dolphins do in '94.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What did the Dolphins do in '94....

Originally posted by relive1972
that up to that point, no other NFL team had done?

Hmmmm...are you refering to the Shula Bowl, in wich for the first time in professional sports, father and son coaches on opposing teams battled each other?

Hmmm.hummm...hoomph..... yes it is true (of course I'm talking head coach against head coach VS David Shula's Bengals )..

But as to what your looking for I'm stumped.

Nope. I'll give ya'll a hint. It was done first by the Dolphins in '94. It has been done since many times, by many teams.

Sheer guess, since '94 is the year the NFL instituted it : Were they the first team to make a two point conversion ?

EDIT: After further investigation, they DID score a 2 pointer in September '94 against the Vikings...... wether that was the first or not, I cannot find.

That's it. You are correct. Actually, the 1st time was in the preseason against the Giants.

Wow....good Q, had me drawin' at straws....and I'm such a Phin geek I actually take notes...can't believe this wasn't in there.....musta been boozin that day :D

Boy would I have loved to see this team get a chance for a 2 pointer if they'd have scored when it was 38-30. They got so many tools, I'd say the odds would have been in their favor (barring penalties).

That's it. You are correct. Actually, the 1st time was in the preseason against the Giants.
i have the latest media guide and the NFL record and fact book and it wasn't in there!:(

Originally posted by dolfan06
i have the latest media guide and the NFL record and fact book and it wasn't in there!:(

Do you have a '95 media guide? You know the media guides list the game summaries from all of the games of the previous year. Here is a line from the game summary of that preseason game:

"The Dolphins became the first team in the NFL to attempt and convert on a two point conversion since the scoring play was instituted this season."

I remember that they were actually the first, because I watched that game, and I remember the commentators mentioning it. I just had to look up when it actually happened.

:D

Do you have a '95 media guide? You know the media guides list the game summaries from all of the games of the previous year. Here is a line from the game summary of that preseason game:

"The Dolphins became the first team in the NFL to attempt and convert on a two point conversion since the scoring play was instituted this season."

I remember that they were actually the first, because I watched that game, and I remember the commentators mentioning it. I just had to look up when it actually happened.

:D
no, i have the 99 and 2001 media guide and the 2001 record book!;)

Back
Top Bottom