What did the Miami media say? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What did the Miami media say?

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
The media makes me laugh. If one News Paper reports
something the other one follows along like a lamb.

Bah.... LOL.

And the thing that's so funny is that they don't even
think through what they are reporting.

For example it has been widely reported by both
Miami Newspapers that Dave has done sure a poor
job, and oh how unfortunate that is.

And they say, Why oh why, when we have had such GREAT LUCK
on the Injury front. And as proof that point out all the
years with no significant injuries.

Bunch of Junk. Think Miami think.... LOL

There have been are at least three devastating injuries that
set Miami back...

The first one was the Yatil Green Injury. Imagine if he
never would have been injured, just think of him and
Chris Chambers together. That one injury has done more
damage to Miami than Most ever have!

Yes I know you say, that's ancient history. Ok here are
two more that no one really thinks were that bad.

Mark Dixon's injury. With Mark at his best he sealed off the
out side for Ricky to run outside and inside. Opposing Defense's
couldn't over protect one area like this Year. This year the
clogged the middle knowing that the rookie LT wasn't developed
enough for Ricky to consistently run outside.

As you know that killed Miami's running game it took all
the surprise out of it.

Now couple that with Jamie Nail's injury and that's all she wrote
folks. These two injuries were devastating!

Both Mark Dixon's and Jaime Nail's injury cost the Dolphins the
Superbowl.

Why? Because Miami had to rely on the QB position more and we know
that turned out.

So there you go.

Instant proof that the media doesn't think before they
write, they just want to stir up stuff and SELL MORE
NEWSPAPERS.

Maybe they will copy this too and report it as well. But I kinda
doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Maybe they will copy this too and report it as well. But I kinda
doubt it."

They won't, because that's just further proof Wannstedt messed up by not doing more to address the OL in the offseason. Remember the day before the draft last year, Wann/Spiel said there was not a LT in the draft they could trade up to take and expect to start in '03. They then drafted Wade Smith in the 3rd rd. and relied on him to be the answer if Dixon, who BTW resigned to be a G, couldn't make a go at it at LT. "All the pieces are in place", "this team is ready for a Super Bowl run", yeah right. Not without a solid OL.

Any reporter who would write about that or anything else that doesn't shine a good light on the Dolphins would fall out of their good graces and then be blackballed by the organization. Look at what happened to Jason Cole.

Aside from the Dan LeBatard's of the world, most of the south florida writers try and write "pro-fan" articles. I wouldn't surprised if they used all there polls to guage how the "consensus" feel about an issue, then write an article about it.

Personally, the older and more NFL savy I've become the less I read newspaper articles. Aside from having access to better sources, there really not gonna tell me anything I don't already know.

Gotta agree with you there Stamos....when I first started using the internet, all I ever did was read articles from different sources. Now, I could really care less what most of them have to say, as I consider myself somewhat more informed than 90% of them.

Originally posted by relive1972
"

Remember the day before the draft last year, Wann/Spiel said there was not a LT in the draft they could trade up to take and expect to start in '03. They then drafted Wade Smith in the 3rd rd. and relied on him to be the answer if Dixon, who BTW resigned to be a G, couldn't make a go at it at LT. "All the pieces are in place", "this team is ready for a Super Bowl run", yeah right. Not without a solid OL.

Hum I do not remember Wann/Spiel making that statement !

As far as depending on M Dixon, I agree that Wannstedt really did hurt the offense with that decision.. Not having a 1st round pick in last years draft really hurt and with M Dixons proneness to injury it was a bad decision not to be more aggressive in upgrading the O-line ....

Wann/Spiel did try to upgrade the o-line through free agency but apparently $$$$ was the primary concern,, not helping the team to the next level !!

Marino1983

Originally posted by inFINSible
Gotta agree with you there Stamos....when I first started using the internet, all I ever did was read articles from different sources. Now, I could really care less what most of them have to say, as I consider myself somewhat more informed than 90% of them.

I totally agree with you inFINSible. I remember when I was younger I would have to wait to receive my Dolphin Digest in the mail, or read the Sportingnews, or watch ESPN to get info on the Fins. Now, while I do still read papers like the Herald or watch ESPN, I'd be willing to put my knowledge of the Fins up against any of the reporters.

Back
Top Bottom