What do I tell my kid, can someone help? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do I tell my kid, can someone help?

Bonedoc7777

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
My kid works like three months delivering papers to save about a hundred bucks to pay for a autograph from ricky on a jersey in may at the NFL show in NJ. He learns the value of money and responsibilty. I take him he meets him gets a pix and his signature. Ricky was very nice and gracious. The jersey hangs in his room and he waits on the season. On sunday he wakes up and finds out he quit. Dad is it ok to quit your job or on your team like that? No son. Why did he do that to them and to us, he said he could not wait to play this year to me? I dont know son, I dont know. I

I worked so hard to get that jersey signed and he just didnt care, I know son your only ten but this stuff is going to happen sorry.

Tell your kid that the Dolphins have no chance to win this year and Ricky Williams is a fricken punk - most likely a Kerry supporter.

EDIT: Leave the politics out your posts, got it??

Muck

tell him how it is. Football is just a game, Ricky is a player who wanted a change of pace. He left to pursue a life that will maek him omre happy and that things like that happen. It's nothing personal, its' jsut the way it is.

Phinzone said:
tell him how it is. Football is just a game, Ricky is a player who wanted a change of pace. He left to pursue a life that will maek him omre happy and that things like that happen. It's nothing personal, its' jsut the way it is.
no...lets not tell him tht.:D

Spin it in a positive note.... try to use it as an example of striving for your own goals and not always doing what other people think you should do. Make your own decisions.

also, you could use it to show that money isn't everything. Ricky had loads of talent and as a result had lot of women, money, cars, etc but he gave it all up to prusue what he feels are more important things in life such as studying spirituality. We may be stumped as to why he would give up such things, but to him that material stuff isn't as important.

ghost_hacker said:
Tell your kid that the Dolphins have no chance to win this year and Ricky Williams is a fricken punk - most likely a Kerry supporter.
what does Ricky Williams being a "punk" have to do with supporting Kerry? Is everyone who supports Kerry a punk or are all punks Kerry supporters?

ghost_hacker said:

Leave the politics out your posts, got it??

Bonedoc7777 said:
My kid works like three months delivering papers to save about a hundred bucks to pay for a autograph from ricky on a jersey in may at the NFL show in NJ. He learns the value of money and responsibilty. I take him he meets him gets a pix and his signature. Ricky was very nice and gracious. The jersey hangs in his room and he waits on the season. On sunday he wakes up and finds out he quit. Dad is it ok to quit your job or on your team like that? No son. Why did he do that to them and to us, he said he could not wait to play this year to me? I dont know son, I dont know. I

I worked so hard to get that jersey signed and he just didnt care, I know son your only ten but this stuff is going to happen sorry.

After reading your post, and then the others, most of which I refuse to comment on because I don't care for whiners! :yell:

My son is 16, and asked what I thought. I told him that until the whole story is told, lets just see how things go and the we can discuss it with more knowledge and understanding. Too many folks tend too take the first emotion and make it law, rather than wait till all the facts are said and done.
Although my son is older than yours, and can be more understanding, sometimes your understanding of what your being asked is just as important as the answer that you give. Your answer to a 10 year old son is law. This could be , as I'm using it as, a time to teach patience and understanding.

Overreacting is not a good tool for our young ones, facts, when they come, are. :D

This isn't hard

You can avoid the whole mess by telling him that when something like this happens, you just try to remember that we are all human and that no one is perfect.

Just try to remember the good things, and forget the bad, and life isn't just football or idol worship. And as far as examples go, YOU should be the one that defines who your kid can look up to, not some athlete who (hopefuly) had nothing to do with the birth of your kid or the raising of him.

Love him and set an example.

Back
Top Bottom