What do the rival fans think of Cameron? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do the rival fans think of Cameron?

Mike13

I am a golden god
Reaction score
I just thought it would be intresting to see what you guys think. Keep smack talk out of it. Although thats useless saying so since chances are it will happen.

Sounds nice enough for the fins, but coaches like Cameron can be misleading. Sure he comes from a winning team, but he had an offense with LT and Antonio Gates, two of the best players in the NFL at their respective positions.

How much credit does Cameron get? How much do SD's amazing atheletes get? I lean toward the players.

Cameron could be good, but I kind of get that vibe from him that in the future he could be a very forgettable coach. Not trying to be a hater or anything. You asked for my opinion and this is where I stand.

I do not know alot about him expect when he played against the patriots in the divisional playoff. some of the things he did was confusing.
HC was not wearing a headset and let camern run the OC till the mid of the 4th quater.
so purely form things i have noticed.
1)Going on 4th and 11 in the first quater when they were going back and forth with both offences not scoring any pts.
2)LT would run 5 yrds on first down and he would call 2 pass plays .He actually did that quiet a few times in the game.
3)Repeatly trying to run at the center when every outside and strech play was going for big yardage.
4)Giving up on the run the 3rd quater .LT ran 5 times in the entire 3rd and 4 more times in the 4th quater.Even more confusing.
5)Slow ...actually very slow playcalling in the last minute and 1/2 drive.They huddled and went into formation slowly.looked like he changing plays and not ready for a 2 minute offence.
6) WIth 8 seconds in the clock he could have run 1 play and tried a outside throw for a few more yards , but then the no 5 if avoided would have given him more time for 1 more play.

now he has never drafted , recruited any talent so that will be a thing to watch and see how he does. also with the cap space he has to learn and manage cap.this are very important to be a good coach in nfl .
if he does bad in talent evaluation or in cap management being a good coach will never help.

I think that Miami was smart to split off the GM duties, and smarter still to hire a HC who has recent NFL experience rather than going for another big name college coach. Being a successful OC or DC, though, is different from being a HC, and as Buffalo fans found out in the Donahoe era, successful coordinators don't necessarily make the jump to head coach on the first try. Some never make that adjustment, but you never know how any coach, whether a first time HC or a guy in his second or third HC stint, will work out. Bill Belichick and Marv Levy were both mediocre in their original stints as HCs.

Cameron is a decent choice, but the jury will be out on him until he proves himself -- or not. He's certainly better than somebody like Wade Phillips but probably not quite as good as Whisenhut (sp).

Sounds nice enough for the fins, but coaches like Cameron can be misleading. Sure he comes from a winning team, but he had an offense with LT and Antonio Gates, two of the best players in the NFL at their respective positions.

How much credit does Cameron get? How much do SD's amazing atheletes get? I lean toward the players.

Cameron could be good, but I kind of get that vibe from him that in the future he could be a very forgettable coach. Not trying to be a hater or anything. You asked for my opinion and this is where I stand.

I'm not gonna take that as you being a hater. Yes you have a point about LT and Gates. They are the best at their respective positions.

Could be a good choice, or it could be that he is a product of a great system.
I'm not really sold on him yet. Not going to crown him, he hasn't had much success in the past. But I will support him as a Dolphin fan, and wish him luck.

I wanted Ken Whisenhunt, Mike Tomlin, or Dom Capers in that order. We kept Capers so that's great, just hope Cam pans out well.

Honestly, I'm glad you hired him. He did some really good things in San Diego. However, he had probabl the best RB & TE in the league, and two highly drafted QBs. But you gotta give the man his credit, but it seems like any decent offensive mind could have had similar results (except a certain former Bills coach and Miami offensive coordinator :wink: ).

Cameron had a horrible record in his one job as a head coach (18-37), and personally I would want to see my coach demonstrate some success in the head job, especially at the NFL level. But considering the luck you guys had with a coach that won a national championship, perhaps you decided to go in an entirely different direction :wink: .

That said, he was one of the better candidates out there (a pretty weak group) and your offense definitely will be improved. However, I believe you guys may have a few years of struggling ahead of you (hopefully).:cooldude:

Too early to tell. I agree with BuffSoldier that he was among the best of a weak group of candidates. Better than Marty IMO.

I mean really. With the talent that Shotty had who could NOT achieve a 14-2 record? Then he blows it in the first round? Bwahahahaha!!!

Cam would still have been the better choice. You don't know what you're getting yet but you do know what Shotty would have brought you. Some playoff appearances and that's it. Maybe.

Honestly, I'm glad you hired him. He did some really good things in San Diego. However, he had probabl the best RB & TE in the league, and two highly drafted QBs. But you gotta give the man his credit, but it seems like any decent offensive mind could have had similar results (except a certain former Bills coach and Miami offensive coordinator :wink: ).

The thing I like about him is that he's a QBs guy and he helped devleop two very talented ones in SD.

Cameron had a horrible record in his one job as a head coach (18-37), and personally I would want to see my coach demonstrate some success in the head job, especially at the NFL level. But considering the luck you guys had with a coach that won a national championship, perhaps you decided to go in an entirely different direction :wink: .

Its Indiana. They have not been an elite team for 70 years.
But I guess its good that he's an unkown, he's not labeled the next Shula, there's not too much pressure on him.

That said, he was one of the better candidates out there (a pretty weak group) and your offense definitely will be improved. However, I believe you guys may have a few years of struggling ahead of you (hopefully).:cooldude:

If this team goes into rebuild mode for a few years then yeah you're right, but That doesn't look like the case as of now.

now he has never drafted , recruited any talent so that will be a thing to watch and see how he does. also with the cap space he has to learn and manage cap.this are very important to be a good coach in nfl .

Any good talent that he spoke with at Indiana was probably gobbled up by OSU or Michigan.

Oh we have an actual GM now so he won't handle personel issues. Randy's a good evaluator IMO and he's pulled of some good trades.

If this team goes into rebuild mode for a few years then yeah you're right, but That doesn't look like the case as of now.

Any good talent that he spoke with at Indiana was probably gobbled up by OSU or Michigan.

Oh we have an actual GM now so he won't handle personel issues. Randy's a good evaluator IMO and he's pulled of some good trades.

Your GM is nowhere near as good as AJ Smith. he is probably the best in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom