What do we do with Parker | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do we do with Parker

I think he stays with Fins. At least through 2021. Why create another hole? His contract isn’t prohibitive. Unless you have an NFL WR on the team that is an upgrade keep running with Parker.

I would use your riches in the draft and buy a legit 1 (Michael Thomas). Place Parker at WR2 find a slot somewhere (maybe already on the roster). or go into draft and get one.

I always worry about WRs in the draft and immediate impact not many Jefferson’s that come in and take the league by storm in year 1.

Fish, his news reel catches were the result of the defender drapping all over him. I give him crrdit for winnig 5050 balls. By the same token, it shows his lack of separation skill. I am not saying I want to see every catches are wide open catches, but at least a few to show us he has separation in his repertoire.

As far as deing #2 goes, i conceed he would be a good #2 if hes healthy. Yet I still have problem with health. Him being #2, could take away the development of our new young wr. ( I beleive Flo will draft more than one wr in high rounds ,) And take away the first team reps in camp and game preparation practice.

251409027f3a8bbe54e1f6cce6d1fbe1.jpg

Hmmmm

I don't think I can make that leap. He was always known as a guy that didn't take care of himself from a nutritional, and healthy lifestyle perspective. I've also never heard he was a workout warrior, nor a heavy film study guy.

Are we talking about the same player?

I don't have an issue with DVP, but I'm not sure he's an "example" for rooks.

He did carry this reputation at the beginning of his professional career, but he's made drastic changes. Kenny Stills got him hooked up with a personal chef, and personally helped him build a better diet. He's since cut down junkfood, and no longer stays up all night playing video games/watching Spongebob.

There was a deep dive article about all the changes he's made during his big stretch in 2019. It's been cited other times as well.

Parker's goal was to never miss another game. He tried. He pushed to play through his injuries, but unfortunately, he's just prone to them. But he's being paid to be a WR2 and we're forcing him into the role of a WR1. He doesn't get enough separation, and isn't consistently dominant enough to be that, and that's fine. He'll be even better when he's playing opposite an elite WR1, which is what we need to bring in.

He did carry this reputation at the beginning of his professional career, but he's made drastic changes. Kenny Stills got him hooked up with a personal chef, and personally helped him build a better diet. He's since cut down junkfood, and no longer stays up all night playing video games/watching Spongebob.

There was a deep dive article about all the changes he's made during his big stretch in 2019. It's been cited other times as well.

Parker's goal was to never miss another game. He tried. He pushed to play through his injuries, but unfortunately, he's just prone to them. But he's being paid to be a WR2 and we're forcing him into the role of a WR1. He doesn't get enough separation, and isn't consistently dominant enough to be that, and that's fine. He'll be even better when he's playing opposite an elite WR1, which is what we need to bring in.
I do believe he has turned it around as it relates to health, and taking that whole aspect more seriously. I see no reason to "get rid of him" just for the sake of having "someone else".

My comment was specific to him being a role model for younger players.

He doesn't strike me as the "leader" type (and that's fine). I could be wrong. Either way, I have no issue with him being part of the team next year.

We aren't bringing in 5 guys better, so it only makes sense to keep him. He has made a lot of big first down catches. He doesn't drop that many easy ones. He routinely makes tough ones. At times, he can be dominant.

Not seeing the issue......

Back
Top Bottom