What do we do with Parker | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do we do with Parker

Also, I do think it's funny how much we forgot the way Preston was playing right before getting hurt. He was 'over' the knee and had his explosiveness back and he was dominating #2 CB coverage. The injury he had will have no factor going forward and he'll come into camp ready to put in the best work of his career. He's a talented dude. It's easy to overlook but don't pass on who he was in the 3 weeks up until his freak injury.

There is a sad tendency here at Finheaven, so many value the birds in the bush more than the ones in hand. They get overly invested in thinking that every hyped rookie will be as good as they imagine or that every FA will suddenly be 100% healthy and motivated the moment that we sign them. Hype, hype, and more hype... and this despite the fact that 50% of highly drafted college players end up being busts.

It's kind of child-like.

You get A-rob and you're starting your WR room with 3 big, talented guys, one of which can play anywhere on the field, and then you can improve in the draft from there.
I like the idea of spending the money on A-rob because he's ready to shine from week 1, alongside 2 other guys who are also ready to go as Dolphins. No 'learning curve' necessary. Then you can take your time with whoever we draft and if he's talented, he'd be going against nickelbacks, safeties and linebackers. Have fun covering a 1st-round WR with a linebacker.

There is a sad tendency here at Finheaven, so many value the birds in the bush more than the ones in hand. They get overly invested in thinking that every hyped rookie will be as good as they imagine or that every FA will suddenly be 100% healthy and motivated the moment that we sign them. Hype, hype, and more hype... and this despite the fact that 50% of highly drafted college players end up being busts.

It's kind of child-like.
When everybodys hand is better than yours, you better head back to the bush for a new hand.

There's a lot you can do with him except count on him. Kinda like that 9/2 offsuit.

It's kind of child-like.
Its not just finheaven. Gases talent evaluations remind me of it. Like 2016 when he cut dallas thomas and billy turner. So he thought they were good enough that he started them, but then decided they werent even good enough to be backups? And of course ireland was bad about that too with getting brandon marshall and mike wallace to help fix the qb position.

Its not just finheaven. Gases talent evaluations remind me of it. Like 2016 when he cut dallas thomas and billy turner. So he thought they were good enough that he started them, but then decided they werent even good enough to be backups? And of course ireland was bad about that too with getting brandon marshall and mike wallace to help fix the qb position.
Sometimes it is tough to keep a player who has been demoted. While some will man-up, others sulk and pout like Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Jesse Davis is a guy who knows his role and plays like a man... so many fail at this.

Sorry if already posted

Per Schefter January 3rd tweet Parker had 750000 reason to play last week.

In his contract if he got 4 catches for 73 yards on Sunday he got $750000 worth of incentives.

There you go folks!!!!

I apologized to him after the Cincy game. Thought he turned a new leaf. Boy was I wrong.
If we draft two stud wr, I don't mind trading him away while he still has name recognition among the league.

He is like your former stuck up girlfriend. Give you a peep every now and then. But when its time to get dirty, she is always on the special week of the month. Can't perform.
Why get rid of him? Look at the health of our WR room this fall and winter. Can't have too many weapons.

Why get rid of him? Look at the health of our WR room this fall and winter. Can't have too many weapons.
The problem is reliability. Even if we demote him, he still need to be reliable because he takes a spot away from other wr. If you concern the health of our 'WR room', thats more reason to part way with him.

Now whether you trust he will be all healthy from this point on, thats open for speculation.

The problem is reliability. Even if we demote him, he still need to be reliable because he takes a spot away from other wr. If you concern the health of our 'WR room', thats more reason to part way with him.

Now whether you trust he will be all healthy from this point on, thats open for speculation.
He doesn't get hurt crossing the street. His talent level is the highest we have at the position currently so, add Smith and Waddle or Pitts and there's still room for him to contribute.

Parker made some news reel catches and was the only receiver we had that would go up and catch a contested threw. Maybe not the only but the most consistent at that skill

That said he's not a good number one because of nagging health issues but as a # 2 he's fine IMO

Parker made some news reel catches and was the only receiver we had that would go up and catch a contested threw. Maybe not the only but the most consistent at that skill

That said he's not a good number one because of nagging health issues but as a # 2 he's fine IMO
Fish, his news reel catches were the result of the defender drapping all over him. I give him crrdit for winnig 5050 balls. By the same token, it shows his lack of separation skill. I am not saying I want to see every catches are wide open catches, but at least a few to show us he has separation in his repertoire.

As far as deing #2 goes, i conceed he would be a good #2 if hes healthy. Yet I still have problem with health. Him being #2, could take away the development of our new young wr. ( I beleive Flo will draft more than one wr in high rounds ,) And take away the first team reps in camp and game preparation practice.

You keep Parker, he is impossible to cover when you highpoint the pass, and in the end zone, he is a reliable weapon.

Instead just get an Alpha Receiver in the draft, with huge speed, or great route running that allows him to get behind defenses, and go from there with also hopefully a healthy Preston Williams, Albert Wilson, and which ever other receivers win out to be the 5th and possibly 6th (If we keep 6) receivers.

Back
Top Bottom