What do we do? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do we do?

Trade/release harrington
Keep Culpepper and Lemon
Draft a quarterback
Let culpepper and the rookie fight it out

I would say cut Culpepper. If he wants to come back, he does so at league minimum with incentives.

Give Lemon the "reigns" to give him every opportunity to start. Draft Kevin Kolb in the third round.

See what Cam can do.

I would say cut Culpepper. If he wants to come back, he does so at league minimum with incentives.

Give Lemon the "reigns" to give him every opportunity to start. Draft Kevin Kolb in the third round.

See what Cam can do.

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. Kolb's a project but I think he could be good in a couple of years

Can people please stop bashing Cpep?? The guy barely had a legitimate opportunity to show that he can be our starting quarterback. He was learning a new system, and on top of that, his knee was still junk. People forget that even a BAD Cpep is better than any quarterback we've had since Marino left us.

geez, more excuses for him, it's getting old

what do we do with our current QB mess? Do we release Culpepper and go with Harrington? Or do we sign Matt Schaub? I believe he's the only descent FA QB out there. I am not a big college guy so I don't know what's out there from the college ranks. I say give the helm fully to Harrington release Pepper and draft a project and hope for the best and see what's out there the following year. your thoughts

-I'd trade Harrington and Culpepper for whatever I could get(5th & 4th???).

-Sign Jeff Garcia

-Trade up in the draft for JaMarcus Russell or Brady Quinn(I've done the math with the value chart- a 2 this year and a 3 in 08 could move us up to the 4th pick which is not too expensive for the future of our organization).

-Start the rookie with Garcia as insurance and Clemon retaining his role of emergency.

Agreed. For the first time in forever I trust the coaches judgement when it comes to QB. Whoever he picks, whoever he cuts is fine with me no arguments. His track record developing QBs warrants it. I also think that this argument misses which QB best fits the system Cameron is going to bring in. I could see all of them running it but I think Lemon and Harrington fit it better than a stationery Daunte

Agree as well. I don't know how Mueller feels about the QB situation, so that's a question mark for me. But with Cameron coming in as the fresh face to build a scoring offense (to go with our top five defense), I think he has a mandate to make the tough decisions. If Cam doesn't think someone is the answer, he should do what he has to do.

The only lock on this roster at QB, IMO, is Lemon... because of his knowledge of the system and what he was able to do in limited work late last year. If Cam sees enough in DC or JH that he wants to continue to work with either of them, then so be it. If he wants to get rid of both of them, that's fine with me, too. We have to get better, period, and sometimes the road to where you want to go is a little bumpier than you'd like. You can pull over and cry about it or plow forward.

-I'd trade Harrington and Culpepper for whatever I could get(5th & 4th???).

-Sign Jeff Garcia

-Trade up in the draft for JaMarcus Russell or Brady Quinn(I've done the math with the value chart- a 2 this year and a 3 in 08 could move us up to the 4th pick which is not too expensive for the future of our organization).

-Start the rookie with Garcia as insurance and Clemon retaining his role of emergency.

That's not a bad idea. Garcia is not a bad QB but, he is a west coast offense guy. How would that play out? With all the rumblings going on with McNabb who knows but, one thing I can tell is that I don't want McNabb is please no.

Back
Top Bottom