What Do We Have To Lose With Giving Kap A Shot Next Year?... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Do We Have To Lose With Giving Kap A Shot Next Year?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't have minded it last season. With a choice of him and Cutler, I wanted to sign Kaepernick. A healthy Ajayi and Kaepernick would've given us a nice running game. Now, I don't want him here. He's Tannehill. Good enough to win some games. But here he wouldn't have that defense that carried him. Nor a Harbaugh coaching the team. But he is good enough to win some games, I'd rather be in position for a top notch prospect in 2020, than going around .500 again and missing out again.

What’s the upside? If you want a marginal starter who’s going to get the team to .500 (give or take a game) then you may as well start Tannehill. At least he doesn’t come with the same baggage.*

This next season isn’t about plugging in people who won’t be here in 2 years in the hopes that they may, if everything goes right, get the last wildcard or, more likely, fall just short of it. It’s about developing the youth who will be the nucleus of the team that in 2-3 years will be competitive for playoff spots and division titles for years to come.

*Personally I support Kaepernic’s protest; both his right to do it and the substance of it. Doesn’t mean he’s the right fit for this team.

That is assuming we're not enamored with or can't get someone in the draft...

We could luck out and catch lightning in a bottle, or just be one and done...no harm and some good PR. Or perhaps somewhere in-between, where he can stay as a transition to our 2020 prize...

What's the downside?

Believe me, if Kap could help a team win he would be on someone’s roster already. He’s not very good and a lightning rod for drama. No thanks

It's called a freaking circus and franchise credibility, which the Fins are already seriously lacking. Listen, I have no beef with Kap if he believes in what he's doing, and I don't even disagree with his "general" view, however, we live in a society where there are laws and they are separate from a private enterprise (the NFL). If you go against a private enterprise, you need to deal with the consequences, whether they are right or wrong. Personally, I don't think Kap is a good QB and would not want him on the Fins; I don't care about his politics and such. However, the owners and others who stand to make or lose a lot of money do. Good for him for standing up for what he believes, but outside of the NFL, I haven't seen him do anything regarding his "cause". That being said, I wish him the best, and I hope someday our country can move forward with this stuff. It's been too long, and personally, I just don't get it. We should all be in this together.

Sadly, I doubt he is even in football shape any more or Id consider it. It’s been 3 seasons since he played. That’s an eternity, especially for an older player. His body has adjusted to a life where it’s not being hammered by 300 lb monsters every week.

Even better, if baggage-free Blaine Gabbert who beat Kap out for SF starting QB is a free agent, sign him up if that's the direction they decide to go
Did Gabbert legitimately outplay him for the job? And if so, what happened to the level of Kaep's play? I wasn't really following the on field machinations of the 49ers at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom