What Do We Have To Lose With Giving Kap A Shot Next Year?... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Do We Have To Lose With Giving Kap A Shot Next Year?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Gabbert legitimately outplay him for the job? And if so, what happened to the level of Kaep's play? I wasn't really following the on field machinations of the 49ers at that time.
I think his level of play had more to do with being a freakish athlete and riding maybe the league's best defense and running game at that time. I never saw anything involving the mental part of quarterbacking that wowed me. Hes a marginally better passer than Tebow imo. But a freak runner. Personally I think that's why he's doing this protest stuff. He knew his game was on the downside and needed a new career. So he let's that chick he's dating get in his head. Next thing you know he's pretending he's Malcolm X. Smart move. Think he just made a ton from Nike. And he's basically considered untouchable by leftist. Beyond reproach.

I think what has happened to Kaepernick is disgraceful and I have great respect for him, but from a football perspective it's not exactly the most appealing prospect. I mean if we ever get as desperate as Washington are at the moment then he comes into play but even starting a mid-round rookie or Luke Falk is a better option than stooping as low as deciding between Kaepernick, Mark Sanchez or Josh Johnson. Also guessing he never had to consider the possibility of playing in Miami but the Castro shirt thing would put the team in a awkward position.

Kap isn't getting signed by 31 other teams, to give you an idea of what the feeling is out there for him. With that in mind, I highly doubt he's going to get signed by a team that plays in Miami after wearing a Castro shirt and talking about how great the guy is.

Sadly, I doubt he is even in football shape any more or Id consider it. It’s been 3 seasons since he played. That’s an eternity, especially for an older player. His body has adjusted to a life where it’s not being hammered by 300 lb monsters every week.
Before talking about politics, how good he was and pretty much anything else... This post should've ended the thread then and there...

Dude Kaep has no real interest in playing football again. He has made a good career for himself off the field being the de facto leader of the ‘kneeling’ movement. Endorsement deal, talk shows, charity work, etc. Not trying to be political or anything, I love what Kenny Stills has done to be involve in this, but Kaep just does not have the desire for football anymore. His skills would qualify him to be a backup somewhere but he has not shown he would be interested in that.

Besides that, Kaep saying nice things about a dictator in a city where 1/3 of the population is of the nationality that was oppressed by them means he is blackballed here. There is no way the team could sweep that under the rug with the fan base.

I think Kaepernick would have made sense for a team like Jacksonville, but Miami doesn't have the supporting cast to seriously make a run with him, so he'd probably win you just enough games to pick in the late teens. If you felt confident you could build a great D in one offseason and run an office similar to what Baltimore did with Jackson, it would make sense, but I don't see it for Miami.

I said this two years ago, who cares about politics, he’s always been better than wonderboy Thill, at least he could get out of the way with our leaky o line and make plays. I think the nfl is full of **** with imposing their will on players ability to play a game which is entertainment for the rest of us. I felt the same about Ricky Williams weed suspensions, when it is finally legalized the fans will. Realize it helped him cope with some real heavy **** in his life while he was scoring tds

In no way is Kap a viable personality or athlete in South Florida. End. Stop.
Ross gets paid whether the seats are empty or full...so the Kaep in Miami excuse is just that, an excuse.

Ross gets paid whether the seats are empty or full...so the Kaep in Miami excuse is just that, an excuse.
I don't think they're inferring it's a money issue as much as an alienating the local populace and a PR nightmare issue.

I don't mind Kap, but what do we gain out of it? We get a rusty QB who hasn't played in years. Even if I support him, we would bring in a media circus to an already dysfunctional franchise who is already perceived as a circus. For what? To be a .500 team with a stopgap QB?

Those pining for Kap simply don't understand his game. He's so flawed as a QB it's not funny. Harbaugh and Roman masked his flaws, but they could only do it so long. He can't read defenses. He has poor accuracy. He can't anticipate WRs coming open. He basically waits until he sees them come open and then rifles it to them, sometimes hitting them, most time not. He's a horse running the ball, but without more, he's not very useful. Once defenses figured out his limitations, he became a mediocre to worse QB. I could be wrong, but I don't think any of his flaws have been fixed while he's been out of the game. NO thanks.

Last edited:
Those pining for Kap simply don't understand his game. He's so flawed as a QB it's not funny. Harbaugh and Roman masked his flaws, but they could only do it so long. He can't read defenses. He has poor accuracy. He can't anticipate WRs coming open. He basically waits until he sees them come open and then rifles it to them, sometimes hitting them, most time not. He's a horse running the ball, but without more, he's not very useful. Once defenses figured out his limitations, he became a mediocre to worse QB. I could be wrong, but I don't think any of his flaws have been fixed while he's been out of the game. NO thanks.

Nathan Peterman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom