What Do We Have To Lose With Giving Kap A Shot Next Year?... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Do We Have To Lose With Giving Kap A Shot Next Year?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He divides fan bases and inserts politics into something that's meant to be a temporary escape from it. (If you don't believe me, why is there a separate thread for politics here and the mods will generally shut down any sort of political debate that arises in threads meant for football discussion?). And that's the case even if he lives up to a promise not to do it, as reporters will make it about politics anyway. It's even worse in Miami with the whole Castro t-shirt thing, which is why it isn't happening here anyway.
It's not just the t shirt.. when he had a chance to walk it back with Mando, he doubled down citing that Castro increased the literacy rate (at least for survivors of the brutality he wreaked on the friends and relatives of a large number of South Florida residents). And then there's the piggy socks and his GF going Miko-style calling the Ravens owner a plantation owner and Ray Lewis an Uncle Tom. Why would any team want to deal with any of this for even a decent QB, let alone one who lost his job to Blaine Gabbert and had to have the playbook dumbed down for him?

We'd lose the constant questioning of why isn't he playing, could he help the Dolphins and Florio's obsession on PFT. No way, I would miss those 3 things way to much to sign him here.

hes human garbage and a barely mediocre player on a team devoid of talent. why? to make you feel good and virtue signal?
I wouldn't go that far. I personally think he's being manipulated by his gf. She's a pig. I think he knew he was figured out and needed a new, fairly lucrative career. And he got it. Smart enough to see the writing on the wall and got proactive.

There will be some controversy when we sign him but ultimately it'll be viewed in a positive light in years to come. Be on the right side of history. I'd be incredibly proud of our team for doing what is right instead of falling into line.

He's also a better QB than Tannehill by a long way. Maybe we'll have a fun season.

Unless we can get an elite QB prospect in the draft, which we probably can't with our first pick, i'd absolutely take him.

Wholeheartedly agree with you here. Be on the right side instead of falling in line.

I don't think they're inferring it's a money issue as much as an alienating the local populace and a PR nightmare issue.
The owner who said he didn't have a problem with players taking a knee in the midst of the #TakeAKnee movement is still going to get paid the same amount as the owner who threatened to cut any player who took a knee...

Owners could give a rat's a** about the locals. If you don't believe me, ask the owners of the Browns what was more important when they moved. Ask Al Davis the same question, while you're at it ask his son why Las Vegas is a better destination than Oakland in yterms of a fanbase.

True. Better to have Nathan Peterman on your roster.
Or Blake Bortles...can't forget how the Redskins took Josh Johnson of the cash register at Wal Mart and had him start.

A lot of the responses here are against this because they think he'll probably suck, which he very well might...but unlike the Petermans and Bortles, there's also a chance he might not. So if we're tossing the season away, let's at least make it interesting...

A lot of the responses here are against this because they think he'll probably suck, which he very well might...but unlike the Petermans and Bortles, there's also a chance he might not. So if we're tossing the season away, let's at least make it interesting...

I guess maybe you liked the Johnathan Martin distraction a few years back?

Kap would be a huge distraction. Kap = poison. Kap = never playing a down again for an NFL team........Ever.

There will be some controversy when we sign him but ultimately it'll be viewed in a positive light in years to come. Be on the right side of history. I'd be incredibly proud of our team for doing what is right instead of falling into line.

He's also a better QB than Tannehill by a long way. Maybe we'll have a fun season.

Unless we can get an elite QB prospect in the draft, which we probably can't with our first pick, i'd absolutely take him.

Doing what's right? How is hiring a player that is not very good "doing what's right" for this team? I wish people would stop clamoring for this guy just due to the political statement it would make. I'd like to start winning some games and make history ON the field, not off it.

Every discussion about this guy is about 99% political, including most of the reasons why people want to or don't want to sign him.

Says a lot.

It's not just the t shirt.. when he had a chance to walk it back with Mando, he doubled down citing that Castro increased the literacy rate (at least for survivors of the brutality he wreaked on the friends and relatives of a large number of South Florida residents). And then there's the piggy socks and his GF going Miko-style calling the Ravens owner a plantation owner and Ray Lewis an Uncle Tom. Why would any team want to deal with any of this for even a decent QB, let alone one who lost his job to Blaine Gabbert and had to have the playbook dumbed down for him?

I'm trying hard not to be political here, but you raise an excellent point about his girlfriend's comments. He was indeed apparently going to be signed by the Ravens when his girlfriend came out and straight up insulted the team ownership as well as the best player in franchise history. It really shouldn't surprise anyone that nobody wants to even sniff at the guy after that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom