What Do We Have To Lose With Giving Kap A Shot Next Year?... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Do We Have To Lose With Giving Kap A Shot Next Year?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it when people talk about "being on the right side of history" unironically, especially when we're talking about signing a very wealthy flash in the pan QB who, at best, might help the team not be dreadfully awful when being dreadfully awful is what the front office wants and which is probably best for the franchise in the long run.

Next season is going to be brutal enough, the last thing the fanbase needs is to have a political debate forced on it every week. Kaepernick is doing just fine on his own, and literally not one less (or one more) person is going to be unjustly beat up or shot by the cops if he catches on with some team.

A lot of the responses here are against this because they think he'll probably suck, which he very well might...but unlike the Petermans and Bortles, there's also a chance he might not. So if we're tossing the season away, let's at least make it interesting...

It’s a message board where you asked a question that will never happen. Ross isn’t going to devalue his team, that’s not how rich people think. All you have to do is think about if you would do it if you where the owner.

A lot of the responses here are against this because they think he'll probably suck, which he very well might...but unlike the Petermans and Bortles, there's also a chance he might not. So if we're tossing the season away, let's at least make it interesting...

All evidence suggests that he's not good anymore. Yes, he's likely better than some of the QBs in the league. But the point is, he's almost certainly not good enough to justify the distraction he'll bring, even if he does his best to keep his politics out of it this time around. Half of the reporters at any media event will be itching to goad him into doing something, much the same way reporters follow Tim Tebow around for the same purpose. This is especially the case when the point is to tank.

We should’ve signed him two years ago, with him instead of cutler we go to the playoffs. I don’t think he wants to play anymore, so now not so much

What do we have to lose?

A hell of a lot of fans.

We’re losing enough fans as it is due to piss poor performance. Us old “remember when” guys are getting older, and the kids aren’t replacing us, and who could blame them?

This team doesn’t need the headache. We have had enough negativity.

Just get a guy who wants to play football.

1) I can’t imagine he plays in the league so long as his lawsuit is ongoing, which I believe it is (could be wrong).
2) There are far worse QBs out there for tanking.

politics aside, we have nothing to lose. He's a QB that knows how to play football. Who are we?

no such thing politics aside. he is done. no franchise wants to deal with his disrepect toward the flag, military and law enforcement. They would lose a lot of fans. He made his bed and now he has to sleep in it. Fu*k him.

By handing the QB duties to a guy who used Fidel Castro as an example of how to run a country for the ends of educational and public healthcare investment...you stand to lose fans in South Florida.

That dude doesnt want to play football anymore. Think that was the ultimate end game for him anyway. He's went off the deep end. Evident by his crazy girlfriend. Made him some money and he stayed relevant though.

Dude Kaep has no real interest in playing football again. He has made a good career for himself off the field being the de facto leader of the ‘kneeling’ movement. Endorsement deal, talk shows, charity work, etc. Not trying to be political or anything, I love what Kenny Stills has done to be involve in this, but Kaep just does not have the desire for football anymore. His skills would qualify him to be a backup somewhere but he has not shown he would be interested in that.

Exactly. Why would Kaepernick want to return to football, when he has advanced so far beyond football? He's got 40% of the country absolutely terrified of him, and it is the 40% who can't recognize lies from truth. If that doesn't qualify as a win, then I don't know what does. He's got decades of relevance ahead, instead of scant years if he had remained in football. If he returns to football, then anything shy of starting quarterback and Super Bowl title will be assigned as mocking failure by all those SAMs and SAManthas.

Kaepernick is still new at this, and immature in his views. But that is typical of people who unintentionally get thrust into more of a political role than they ever imagined. I could cite many examples but this is not the proper forum.

Now Kaepernick needs to understand how to relate to the press. That same 40% is also terrified of the press, other than their own varieties. There is nothing more laughably pathetic than people who are cynical of the press, and all the amazing benefits. This country would be in dire straits right now without the press. I'm confident Kaepernick will begin to feel more comfortable with the press, and identify the proper venues toward his big picture causes.

I am really looking forward to it.

hes human garbage and a barely mediocre player on a team devoid of talent. why? to make you feel good and virtue signal?

“Barely coherent regurgitated word vomit from Rush Limbaugh” for 500 Alex!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom