What do we know about Adrien Mcphierson (sp?) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do we know about Adrien Mcphierson (sp?)

HVACservice said:
He did beat out Rix.

McPherson was starting in his sophomore year.

The thing that Adrian has always done is NOT TURN THE BALL OVER.

During H.S, FSU and the Arena league his TD-INT ratio is outstanding.

That would explain alot, thanks. :)

He did beat out Rix... i saw him play twice and i thought he was darn right decent... maybe great. He made a mistake at a young age... we all have. maybe not as dumb a mistake, but mistake all the same. He had to have learned from that and he has some experience in semi-pro atmosphere... i would see no problem picking him up in the 3rd.. i think he would be worth it. No matter how hard that is for a Cane to say.

If we get a number 2 from KC for surtian, I would use it to pick him up..

Round 1 (2): Ronnie Brown (RB)
Round 2 (46): Adrian McPherson (QB) (Pick from KC)
Round 3 (70): Ronald Fields (DT)

Just what I think we should do..

He never beat out Chris Picks. Picks was benched for a couple of games but in no way did Mcpherson beat him out. McPherson is just another overated QB.

i'd love to get him with our early third, from what i hear denny green has talked about taking him as early as the second though. They have an EARLY second too!

BALLS DEEP said:
I was watching NFL Network this morning and they were talking about McPhierson. They were saying that he is one of the most exciting QB prospects in the draft. I had to leave for work before they got to the feature on him. What do we know about this guy? What makes him so special? When is he projected to go in the draft?

He is fast strong, strong arm, projected 3rd/4th round but is better than that. he is the youngest ever player in arena football. rushed for 19 TDs leading his team and passed for over 50TDs

fear-the-d said:
he is the youngest ever player in arena football. rushed for 19 TDs leading his team and passed for over 50TDs

Not to mention only throwing 4 interceptions. Also he was named Florida's Mr. Football and Mr.Basketball coming out of high shool.

OurHeartAndSoul said:
Not to mention only throwing 4 interceptions. Also he was named Florida's Mr. Football and Mr.Basketball coming out of high shool.

I watched him play in Indy a few times. I think he could be a great prospect if drafted in the 3rd. I think he'll either end up being a GREAT QB or a horrible bust. A lot of off the field issues could factor into his development. IMO

canesfins13 said:
He couldnt beat out Chris Picks at FSU

This guy, its been said before, Rix was HANDED the job cause he was already in the system and Bowden had a major man crush on him, McPherson took over for him in his sophomore year once Rix started FSU at 0-4 and Bowden could finally see what he could do, and thats a fact

If you ask me, he's a bargain in the 2nd and a steal in the third. IMO, he could challenge Feely right away for the starting job, both of them would be learning the new system, and just on his raw ability alone, if he's anywhere near where Feely is as far as comprehending Linehan's offense, then I'd say, McPherson could start

How many of you have actually seen Mcpherson play? I would venture to say a vast minority of you guys. Plesae lets take a pass on this guy, you know AFL stars are pro bowlers in the NFL.

canesfins13 said:
How many of you have actually seen Mcpherson play? I would venture to say a vast minority of you guys. Plesae lets take a pass on this guy, you know AFL stars are pro bowlers in the NFL.

Kurt Warner?

canesfins13 said:
I have seen him play in person and I was very impressed. As a true soph the guy looked great. He came in at the end of the Notre Dame game and I believe led them to a TD. He started the next game and was very good. He struggled a bit against NC State, but he was still very raw at the time. Then the scandal happened with the stolen checks and the gambling accusations. As for those who say he couldn't beat out Rix you are wrong. I go to FSU and was there when he did beat him out. Rix was given back the job after the scandal and then McPherson was thrown out. This guy has loads of potential. He is very athletic and has a cannon for an arm. I would imagine he will need a good deal of grooming, but the talent is there.

Sauceman said:
Yeah someone explain that.

Anyone who lost their starting job to Chris Rix has no chance of being good in the NFL. Seriously.

He opened the 2002 campaign behind Rix, but when the starting quarterback struggled, McPherson replaced him in the lineup vs. Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, North Carolina and North Carolina State. He connected on 80 of 155 passes (51.6 percent) for 1,017 yards, 12 touchdowns and only one interception. He also rushed 48 times for 180 yards (3.8 avg.). But he got caught stealing and gambling, end of story!!!

Back
Top Bottom