What Do You Call Rebuilding??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Do You Call Rebuilding???

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I Still keep hearing from a lot of you that next year is a rebuilding year, well what do you think is gonna happen??? Are we gonna trade away or release a bunch of our talent........Chambers/Booker/Boston/Mcmichaels, Madison/Surtain/Zach/Taylor, etc...... for a bunch of draft picks, or for young players with so called "potential"???

I Really really DON'T see this happening........ If they do trade anyone signifcant(maybe Surtain???)then it will probably be for someone who's gonna help us immediately on Offense(O-LINE!!!)

This team just has WAAAAAAY too much talent to "Rebuild" they just need to add a couple of peices.........I still truely believe that this team is a Good Tackle, Gurad and half way decent QB away from greatness which is definitely obtainable in the offseason

Rebuilding IMO has been talked about too much...Miami has problems but they can fixed...
Lets start with offense....
1. Miami needs a solid QB..Fiedler makes too many mistakes...Feeley just hasn't grasped the offense but it doesn't help if he isn't getting the time to throw..
In the offseason, Miami can go in a different direction by cutting Fiedler, find a proven QB and let Feeley learn the system for another year...
In terms of rebulding Miami faces this if they draft a QB and inserts him as #1
2. WR-no rebuilding here Booker/Boston/Chambers will be a great trio if someone can throw the damn ball to them...
3 Offensive line- TE is set, LG is set..now its the rest of the line...the only way to see how this line does is to watch them for the rest of the year...LT should be set if McIntosh learns the calls and plays back to his old form, RT should be set if Carey lives up to his potential...Seth at center needs time to blossom but right now he just looks like a younger Ruddy..RG needs to be upgraded..Whitley is a good back up, that's all..
In the offseason if Miami can find a good RG and RT there shouldn't be any rebuliding
Miami is rebuilding if they draft a RG and other line positons and insert them early
RB-Miami has great depth but no potential workhorses...I would like to see Gordon get a chance..he has the power and quickness to be a solid starter...
Miami could go after E.James but his price along wth Alexander could be out of Miami's league...If Miami drafts a stud RB, this doesn't mean they are rebuilding..there have been plenty of rookie RB's that have come in and contributed right away

As for defense
The DL looks good but Miami needs to find a stud dt to replace Bowens..his back just isn't holding up and I don't want to go through another 2 years like we did with Gardener.
No rebulding here
LB are fine..Miami has plenty of depth and young players to move them in slowly
No rebuilding
DB's-Same as LB's..Miami will probably lose Madison but there is enough depth to cover that..
No rebuilding...

Rebuilding is this year .Get Feeley back in there, go with Carey RT for the rest of the year..move St.Clair to RG...let this line get some cohesiveness

Back
Top Bottom