What do you coach? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you coach?

NJFINSFAN1

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
I figured we could start a what do you coach thread. And if people find it interesting, they can PM each other for drills, plays etc...

I'll start (Its pretty long)

I coach Freshman baseball
I coach 6th grade girls Travel softball
I coach 3rd grade girls Rec softball
I coach 6th grade girls Travel basketball
I coach 3 grade girls Rec basketball
I coach 3rd grade girls soccer

I coached boys Travel basketball from 2nd to 8th, now they are freshman
I coached boys travel baseball from 2nd to 8th, now they are Freshman.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I figured we could start a what do you coach thread. And if people find it interesting, they can PM each other for drills, plays etc...

I'll start (Its pretty long)

I coach Freshman baseball
I coach 6th grade girls Travel softball
I coach 3rd grade girls Rec softball
I coach 6th grade girls Travel basketball
I coach 3 grade girls Rec basketball
I coach 3rd grade girls soccer

I coached boys Travel basketball from 2nd to 8th, now they are freshman
I coached boys travel baseball from 2nd to 8th, now they are Freshman.

I have coached infielders in HS. (Baseball)

I have coached Runningbacks/Fullbacks in optimist leagues. (Football)

I was an assistant Coach to Defensive Backs in HC. (Football)

7-9 Youth Flag football (first time they ever touched a football for most of em) Head Coach
11-15 Tackle football (Trying to get to HS one day) Offensive Line, RB, Cordinator

That's cool guys! I just did HS for the first time with the HS fall time, It was Seniors to freshman. It was pretty cool, we went 12-4.

The Freshman team I'm taking over for in the spring will be fun. They were the kids I coached from 2nd grade up in Travel. A few years ago we made the AABC World Series in Brooklyn and came in 4th in the nation! They make me look good, a ton of Talent.

I just got 5 calls from parents that really made me feel great last night. I coached that same group in Travel Basketball since 2nd grade. My son was always good enough to make the team, but never really played much (My wife gave me hell, but it was the right thing to do at that level). So 4 years ago I put up a big fight to get a B team in the same league, I offered to take it so we could get more kids to play at that level. My son and my Asst's son went down, and we picked up 8 new kids. For 4 years we got our @$$es kicked because we kept being put in a A league. We pulled a few upsets, but maybe won 6 games in 4 years.

Well 7 of them tried out for the Freshman basketball team, and all 7 made it. 7 kids from the A team were cut! The parents thanked me for doing the B team, because without it, they never would have made it!

Makes it all worth it when you get those calls!

Back
Top Bottom