What do you guys think about Najeh Davenport? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you guys think about Najeh Davenport?

dofnsman4303

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I havent really even heard his name in all the talks about the college running backs. I know he played fullback in college but the guy is about 245 and runs a 4.4 forty. And I would love to see us get him in the 3rd or 4th round if he is still there. That would allow us to get a big guard like A. Gurode in the first and a DT in the 3rd or 4th. I think with his size he will be complimented by Travis Minor. Even if he doesnt pay off its better to waste a 4th rounder than to waste first and second rounders on our recent running backs we have drafted.

Draftbook says Najeh runs a 4.55 forty but im pretty sure that i read before last season in a college football preview magazine that he ran a 4.4.

Ice, I think 4303 means convert him to RB from FB.

I don't know jack about college football, but it sounds intriguing

Yes, ice i meant to convert him back to his normal position of running back. He isnt a real fullback because he isnt real good at blocking but miami converted him to fullback to get more talent on the field. I was just throwing it out there to see what you guys thought.

dofnsman4303, that is..........

Originally posted by dofnsman4303
I havent really even heard his name in all the talks about the college running backs. I know he played fullback in college but the guy is about 245 and runs a 4.4 forty. And I would love to see us get him in the 3rd or 4th round if he is still there. That would allow us to get a big guard like A. Gurode in the first and a DT in the 3rd or 4th. I think with his size he will be complimented by Travis Minor. Even if he doesnt pay off its better to waste a 4th rounder than to waste first and second rounders on our recent running backs we have drafted.

an intriguing prospect. I watched Najeh in college before UM decided to convert him to fullback due to the logjam/abundance of talent that they had at the position. And yes, he does run at LEAST a 4.4 forty. That would be very interesting.;)

I like him. I have read that the Jets are targeting him in the 4th or 5th round. Our replacement for Anderson. This guy is the perfect WCO fullback. He blocks, runs, and can catch passes out of the backfield. I think you guys are right about the 4.4 time.

he could easily go 2nd round or early 3rd (http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/top_100.htm). If the Fins go OL in the 1st, he would be a solid pick in the 3rd if he's there. Of course, the draft is 2 mos. away so it all depends on what happens in FA.

Remember how Spriggs influenced our draft last year...

I remember he ran a 4.35 as a freshman before he tore his ACL. And he weighed 239 lbs back then. They say he can still run that sub 4.4 nowadays too. I'd love to see us take him in the 4th. He's got vision/speed/power/bulk/awareness. And he's EXCELLENT out of the backfield. His time at FB will end up making him a superb blocker at RB.

Best of all, he's a leader and a winner.

if you cannot have 1 set of dreads why not another ? :D

Is he recovered from his foot yet? Because i think the combine starts march 1st and if he shows his athleticism then we might not ge a chance at him in the 3rd.

I think Najeh may sneak by and drop into our lap in the third. I said this as soon as he got hurt before the Rose bowl, but 4303 may be right, if he is fully recovered already, he won't drop that far. We would be lucky to get him in the third, but I wouldn't be surprised if, by the end of the combines and all the other evalutions, we were talking about him as a possible first round selection. Hell, he's as big and faster than Duckett.

He won't be ready for the combine. At least that's what's been reported ever since he injured that foot. Haven't heard otherwise either.

I see Davenport as the typical RB/FB 'tweener that falls on draft day, a la Ja'Mar Toombs and Dan Alexander. Toombs was a projected 2nd-3rd rounder, but went undrafted after weighing 282 pounds at the combine. Alexander didn't prove to be anything special as a blocker or runner in college, and fell to the Titans in the 6th.

Davenport could be a different story, but I see him falling... possibly into the 4th or 5th round. How his foot checks out will be key...

Back
Top Bottom