What do you guys think of this mock draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you guys think of this mock draft?

I don’t see the value in Tua at 4, too many question marks.

First round picks shouldn’t be thrown away or gambled on, particularly a top 4 pick. We wasted a 2nd on Rosen, let’s not waste any other top picks.

Would much rather take the corner out of Ohio State and draft Tua or another QB later.

I'm not completely against Becton, though I suspect he's a total project... like Prince was/is... just with a higher possibility of improvement. 4th or 5th round maybe.

I fully expect two lineman drafted in the first two days and a couple of more later in the draft as developmental guys. The line needs and overhaul, the team will sign one or two high priced guys as well as some cheaper options.

I think we will see at least 3 new starters maybe 4 depending on how lucky we are on where a player may fall in the draft.

Very much agree...
I think we'll consider taking a RB at 1c, but I certainly wouldn't do it til we've drafted a Tackle before that... and that said... taking our new starting RB in round 2... or even 3 might be possible.
There are quite a few backs in the upcoming draft who have very similar game.

We might fall in love with a particular back... and reach a bit, and I mock for that sometimes just to see what it does to the board, though I hope we don't.
I actually like Harris better cause he doesn't have all the carries at bama but man he's hard to tackle. Always gets you more yards after contact and I believe he'll be there in the 2nd round.

Any draft that starts with Tua gets a thumbs up from me :)

I hear the dislike that people have voiced for taking a RB in the first round, but it's currently our worst positional group and that's saying a lot on our 10 loss team. In a year where we didn't have 3 first round picks, I would tend to agree that we could get value lower down in the draft at that position and we should focus on other areas. But we do have 3 picks and we do need an elite RB that can take some of the pressure off a rookie QB, Ballage aint going to do that. Taylor is my favourite RB in this class, so I love the pick.

I know nothing about Shenault, heard a lot of buzz on him but I don't like this pick, because unless he is better than Ceedee Lamb or Jeudy, we have other needs we have to address before wideout in round 1. I would go Edge or OT with this pick. I'm comfortable with DVP and Williams, we could use on more WR probably a speed burner but I think we can get one lower down in the draft.

Getting Creed in round 2 is terrific value, don't know anything about Becton, but we would have to pick up a couple of OLine in FA for this draft to work.

I love the Tua and Creed picks. I'd take Creed with 1b or 1c. Also like Becton.

I probably wouldn't take Shenault there. If we're planning on taking a WR in the first 3 rounds, I'd wait until late 2nd/early 3rd to target Devonta Smith and KJ Hamler.

Have you looked at the list of 2020 free agent linemen?

I urge you to do this. There is exactly one decent Tackle on the list... and he is already 32 years old.

If... and that is an If... he is allowed to actually get to FA, he'll get 12-15 million per year.
Are you ready to give 55 to 60 million dollars to an aging Tackle who isnt as good as Tunsil?

I get it that some of you guys are just dying to draft the so-called 'skill positions', but that would mean signing some extremely expensive mediocre linemen.

If this is honestly something you are comfortable with... okay, but I think it would be foolhardy at best.
Two points. You constantly state FA Oline is terrible. But you completely ignore the fact that every year there are cap casualties. Nobody really knows who is gonna hit the market for Oline. I bet players you don't expect.
Also, Oline plays well into thier 30s. I'm not worried at all signing a 30 year old OT to a 4 year deal.

I fully expect two lineman drafted in the first two days and a couple of more later in the draft as developmental guys. The line needs and overhaul, the team will sign one or two high priced guys as well as some cheaper options.

I think we will see at least 3 new starters maybe 4 depending on how lucky we are on where a player may fall in the draft.
I totally agree. I'll be surprised if we don't select two OL in first 6 picks.

Two points. You constantly state FA Oline is terrible. But you completely ignore the fact that every year there are cap casualties. Nobody really knows who is gonna hit the market for Oline. I bet players you don't expect.
Also, Oline plays well into thier 30s. I'm not worried at all signing a 30 year old OT to a 4 year deal.
One... he is 32 now, so 33 next year.
Two... he's played his entire career in one place and there is zero indication that his team will even let him walk.

Cap casualties???

Your argument boils down to wishful thinking and denial of what is available.

Wouldn't it be easier, cheaper, and more responsible to start doing some reading on draft eligible linemen and give up your fantasy?

One... he is 32 now, so 33 next year.
Two... he's played his entire career in one place and there is zero indication that his team will even let him walk.

Cap casualties???

Your argument boils down to wishful thinking and denial of what is available.

Wouldn't it be easier, cheaper, and more responsible to start doing some reading on draft eligible linemen and give up your fantasy?
Lol. You're counter point of start reading and fantasy is all I needed to hear.
No need to discuss further, you have nothing of substance to offer me.

Lol. You're counter point of start reading and fantasy is all I needed to hear.
No need to discuss further, you have nothing of substance to offer me.

Nope... you are too stupefied by shiny objects and denial.

But... I tried.

Yep... we pretty much have to do this.
You know the best part about this is that with our two later first round selections we can draft just what we need there, and maybe even trade back and still get what we need and add another 2nd rounder.... We really are in a great position to draft some key needs. Plus use all that money in FA to patch the draft holes. Those two late first round picks and two 2nd rounders though could be some very solid players on the OL. Who knows, maybe we end up going OT Thomas at 4 overall.
My FA top list - RB M. Gordon
I'm also curious as to which Patriots we will end up stealing this offseason.

Back
Top Bottom