What do you think about our direction with Noah Igbinoghene? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you think about our direction with Noah Igbinoghene?

they are taking it slow with this kid, he's definitely a project. Hopefully he sees some playing time this season.

Not having him active at all and the investment we made for him brings a lot of questions. Is good grounds for a discussion since there are no direct answers. Yesterdays game is over, and 90 pct of all threads are about a game that just happened.
Those questions are nothing new though, and it has already been thoroughly disected. That was my point.

Just seems like an excuse to "pike on".

There are really only two possible views here.

1. He is trash, and Grier is trash for wasting a pick.

2. The kid was raw, give him some time.

Do you really expect anything different?

This kid will have more threads than Tannehill and Tua soon.

I hate to say it but I think he’s a dud. And if the lightbulb comes on next year such that he can get on the field he’s already more than halfway to FA.

Last years draft - with all of those picks - so many such that we drafted a LS in the 6th round and cut a 5th round guy after he struggled to use Zoom - we still don’t have a single player from that draft (Tua included) that we KNOW is a player.

What I mean is there is no sure thing yet from the 275 picks we had like you see in Waddle for example. He’s a stud. End of story. Last years huge draft haul - we still don’t know if we have anyone that will be better than average.

Back to Noah. Sigh….
Wasn't Davis in there? He's definitely a player. But yeah, I agree with you. Nobody had more ability to get impact players that draft than the Dolphins. And for most of those guys to not be living up to their draft status is super, super disappointing. Even the guys who are decent are necessarily outplaying expectations for where they were drafted.

When NFL general managers and coaches trade talented players for draft picks they always fantasize that they are gonna get good players for those draft picks. And hey, if you are really good at drafting, it works. But so many aren't nearly as good at drafting as they fantasize being, and you end up having given up impact players for guys who are backup players. And spending more draft picks in the future trying to replace the player(s) you already had.

Tua at least at the moment deserves praise for having a winning record. He is improving but our offensive play calling so far is another grounds for discussion as well.
I don't see that post as necessarily being a Tua criticism, just accounting for what the general consensus around the league would be on Tua - that it's still not certain he'll live up to where he was drafted.

I am not hitting a panic button now, but I am also wondering how his season will look like down the road. Thoughts?
First round pick from a year ago is inactive in hitting the panic button. I think this one is long gone.

I am not hitting a panic button now, but I am also wondering how his season will look like down the road. Thoughts?
I think the fact he was healthy and inactive yesterday says all you need to know about Iggy right now. He is obviously still on the roster because of where he was drafted and the dead money hit they would take by cutting him.

I think if another team was willing to take on his contract, the Dolphins would happily trade him for a 7th round pick. The mantra that he is young and needs to develop gets old pretty quickly when he isn’t good enough to even play on special teams.

He was a terrible first round pick and I suspect he will be cut loose as soon as it makes financial sense to do so.

He's the 1st man up if Byron or X suffer a significant injury.
I seriously doubt that. He wasn’t even active yesterday, so if one of them had been injured he was sitting around in street clothes and not eligible to even play in the game.

There are 8 CB’s on the roster and 2 of them were inactive yesterday. Iggy was one of those inactive CB’s and therefore there are at least 6 CB’s the coaches have more faith in than Iggy.

Wasn't Davis in there? He's definitely a player. But yeah, I agree with you. Nobody had more ability to get impact players that draft than the Dolphins. And for most of those guys to not be living up to their draft status is super, super disappointing. Even the guys who are decent are necessarily outplaying expectations for where they were drafted.

When NFL general managers and coaches trade talented players for draft picks they always fantasize that they are gonna get good players for those draft picks. And hey, if you are really good at drafting, it works. But so many aren't nearly as good at drafting as they fantasize being, and you end up having given up impact players for guys who are backup players. And spending more draft picks in the future trying to replace the player(s) you already had.
Ah Davis - good call. He’s a player.

I seriously doubt that. He wasn’t even active yesterday, so if one of them had been injured he was sitting around in street clothes and not eligible to even play in the game.

There are 8 CB’s on the roster and 2 of them were inactive yesterday. Iggy was one of those inactive CB’s and therefore there are at least 6 CB’s the coaches have more faith in than Iggy.
They’d put Rowe back on the boundary before they put Iggy right now. And Needham would play out there over him too.

I think the fact he was healthy and inactive yesterday says all you need to know about Iggy right now. He is obviously still on the roster because of where he was drafted and the dead money hit they would take by cutting him.

I think if another team was willing to take on his contract, the Dolphins would happily trade him for a 7th round pick. The mantra that he is young and needs to develop gets old pretty quickly when he isn’t good enough to even play on special teams.

He was a terrible first round pick and I suspect he will be cut loose as soon as it makes financial sense to do so.
Right now he’s on the Charles Harris first round bust trajectory. I still say the fact his parents were world class athletes must mean he’s hyper competitive - we know he has the athleticism. But that he’s not dressed is woeful at this point.

They’d put Rowe back onthe boundary before they put Iggy right now. And Needham would play out there over him too.
I totally agree. I just don’t see Iggy getting playing time unless they have at least 2 or 3 CB’s out with injury.

He is definitely a waste of a 1st round pick. Any 1st round pick that isn't starting in year two (or is listed as 3rd or 4th string) is a major disappointment. Still not sure why we drafted him, I find myself questioning Grier's ability to evaluate players more and more. After this season we will know a whole lot more, and its either going to be really satisfying or really disappointing. We will either have a excellent young core or we will have wasted A LOT of draft picks on just mediocre players.

Back
Top Bottom