What do you think about our direction with Noah Igbinoghene? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you think about our direction with Noah Igbinoghene?

100%, you're right. Grier is just beyond frustrating at this point. We blew a golden opportunity at becoming the next KC
Grier frustrates me too. He does a lot of good things, but picking players isn’t one of them.

They will likely move on next year when his salary is not an issue .
Someone suggested an Okudah trade. Okudah was twice the player at Ohio State that Iggy was at Auburn. Not sure why he has struggled in Detroit. Getting away from pycho sicko Campbell would be good for him.

3 of Grier's 1st round picks are looking very weak. Iggy- total bust. Jackson- was overrated and looks weak coming out of the non physical PAC 12. I didnt like that pick at all.
Then watching Phillips yesterday- he looks slow with very average burst off the line of scrimmage rushing the QB. Taking him over Najee Harris was questionable.
This team still needs a good RB. Gaskin running out bounds on the 2nd to last drive of the game was weak. Instead of having a 2nd and 2 by fighting for extra yards it was 2nd and 5 and they ended up not getting a 1st down.

Tua, Hunt, Davis, Jones are all solid performers who are improving, Kindley, Jackson are still in the mix. Igby is way behind but I'm not ready to give up or call him a bust. But I will agree he was over-drafted.
WAY tooo early to comment on 2021 class except to say Waddle and Holland looks like studs!

After watching some of his college games I think he was a reach based purely on potential.

He'd only played CB for a couple years before having decent games against some pretty good receivers. Marshall, Chase, Smith.

Marshall beat him with size/strength
Chase beat him with crisp moves
Smith beat him with speed, Riggs too, I believe.

He showed good, not great speed. He recovered for breakups on some, others he got burned.
He does show great ball awareness throughout.

I think Flores sees potential but he's not there yet. He needs to keep watching X and the rest to learn. Bring him in little by little. His instincts and reaction time will improve the more he sees/plays.

I hope he's ready when the FO decides X AND Jones are too expensive to keep both.

After watching some of his college games I think he was a reach based purely on potential.

He'd only played CB for a couple years before having decent games against some pretty good receivers. Marshall, Chase, Smith.

He showed good, not great speed. He recovered for breakups on some, others he got burned.

I think Flores sees potential but he's not there yet. He needs to keep watching X and the rest to learn. Bring him in little by little. His instincts and reaction time will improve the more he sees/plays.

I hope he's ready when the FO decides X AND Jones are too expensive to keep both.
Do we know this was a Grier pick? I mean, sure, the guy makes the picks, but I would think Flo had a strong hand in picking him up based his athleticism and confidence that he could be coached up.

Not defending Grier, he certainly has whiffed on some high rounders to the point it could be called a trend. I can just see Grier giving Flo a lot of leeway in picking secondary guys especially.

I've heard things about this Waddle guy. Kind of under the radar tho.
Ok with all the picks we had forgot Waddle was through our "haul" of trade capital
Ok there were other offensive options available but yes add Waddle
Still with all those picks you are not feeling underwhelmed being excited over only 2 players?
I was more excited when we got Sammie Smith and Louis Oliver in the 1st even though it didn't quite work out

Remember seeing him as a sleeper I think by Kiper on one of the pre-draft shows
Like you said based on potential

They will likely move on next year when his salary is not an issue .
Someone suggested an Okudah trade. Okudah was twice the player at Ohio State that Iggy was at Auburn. Not sure why he has struggled in Detroit. Getting away from pycho sicko Campbell would be good for him.

3 of Grier's 1st round picks are looking very weak. Iggy- total bust. Jackson- was overrated and looks weak coming out of the non physical PAC 12. I didnt like that pick at all.
Then watching Phillips yesterday- he looks slow with very average burst off the line of scrimmage rushing the QB. Taking him over Najee Harris was questionable.
This team still needs a good RB. Gaskin running out bounds on the 2nd to last drive of the game was weak. Instead of having a 2nd and 2 by fighting for extra yards it was 2nd and 5 and they ended up not getting a 1st down.
Phillips, visions of Mike Mamula...LOL
I know only one game

Ok with all the picks we had forgot Waddle was through our "haul" of trade capital
Ok there were other offensive options available but yes add Waddle
Still with all those picks you are not feeling underwhelmed being excited over only 2 players?
I was more excited when we got Sammie Smith and Louis Oliver in the 1st even though it didn't quite work out
Louis was fantastic. Sammie not so much.

Tua, Hunt, Davis, Jones are all solid performers who are improving, Kindley, Jackson are still in the mix. Igby is way behind but I'm not ready to give up or call him a bust. But I will agree he was over-drafted.
WAY tooo early to comment on 2021 class except to say Waddle and Holland looks like studs!
And we traded a 5th for Breida in 2020 draft. What a **** show.

This is still just year two for him. Right now we don’t need him and it’s still too early to write him off. I’m just not thinking about him until we start to see him in games. If we don’t see him in games this season I’ll re-evaluate my thoughts on where he stands in the off season.

Back
Top Bottom