What do you want from Saban? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you want from Saban?

dolphan117

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
I have seen it agued on this site whether or not we are rebuilding based on what Saban has said about "wanting to win now". My question is what differance does it make what he said? would it make this year more tolorable if he admited we are rebuilding? Or would it just give the entire team an excuse to fail? He signed several older players to our team, but only one (Carter) to a long term deal, also the front office has structured our contracts so we will be well under the cap next year. We are clearly positioned to improve our team next year so my question is this-

What do you want Saban to say about this year? Honestly, do you want him to say we are rebuilding or that we are trying to win now?

P.S. I know we are all geting tired of the Saban threads but I realy want to know what fans want him to say.

" what the hell was i thinking by starting gus? I will never make that mistake again. My bad"

that would cover it for me

He alreaday has made his stance. Make haste slowly, but with the goal this year to overachieve. And if his goal is to overachieve, its pretty evident that Saban knows this is not the team of the future yet, but it will be one (full of veterans) that will try to be the best they can week in and week out.

Any fan should want Saban to say we are trying to get as many wins as possible. But to know that were a team always planning for the future.

The ideal quote for me would be: "No, we are not where we want to be, and these things take time. But were sure as hell not going to sit around waiting, were going to go out there and play with intensity and consistency every week."

The more I think about it, this is a trial year for Saban. I mean he is getting a feeling for the roster and what players can play and not play. The only thing he had to go on before this season, was tape of the team from last year. Its not the same as being with them and finding out what their all about. I think he will be much better next year and will really know what the weaknesses of this team are and try to improve that in the offseason.

we all knew it was a rebuilding year..... look on the + side we won half the games we won all last year in only 6 games...... and still got 10 more games left i think we can win way more than 4..... saban is doing his thang.......

ay i have a ?........

Wille Poole is unable to proform does mean he's out for the entire year????

adamprez2003 said:
" what the hell was i thinking by starting gus? I will never make that mistake again. My bad"

that would cover it for me

Maybe not quite in those terms but I would like to see him say: Gus is not where we expected him to be at this point of the year and we're going to try to go another direction.

odom006 said:
we all knew it was a rebuilding year..... look on the + side we won half the games we won all last year in only 6 games...... and still got 10 more games left i think we can win way more than 4..... saban is doing his thang.......

ay i have a ?........

Not necessarily. He is still eligible to come back and play but it doesn't sound like his knee will be ready. There's no point in forcing things.

odom006 said:

ay i have a ?........

No he can come back this year (just like Teddy for the pats) and last week he was cleared to run again. Saban still says it is doubtfull he will come back this year but it is posible.

dolphan98 said:
Maybe not quite in those terms but I would like to see him say: Gus is not where we expected him to be at this point of the year and we're going to try to go another direction.

Yeah it would probably be like that. He might add "we're not demoting gus and we don't blame him. Football is a team sport. we just feel Sage has warranted a chance based on the improvements we've seen of him recently"

Back
Top Bottom