What does everyone else think about bringing in this QB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What does everyone else think about bringing in this QB?

INTs are just a fact of life for every QB these days, but you cannot throw an INT if you are running the ball. :D

Brunell

Penalties Galore here, moved up from Miami and became a Jaguar season ticket holder in '95. I still remain loyal to the 'Phins though, however hard it may be (I was there for the 62-7 game, with mixed emotions indeed.) Here's an article you might find interesting from the Jacksonville Times/Union about Brunell's trade situation:

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/012502/jag_8435672.html

Here's a post from "Jaggamo," afted I asked for the information..

"Brunell's 2002 cap figure is approx $8M. This is made up of $2M in prorated bonus from the contract he signed in March 2001. He got an $8M bounus on that contract. $2M was the bonus proration for each year of the 4 yr deal.

His 2002 Salary is $6M. This makes up the $8M 2002 cap figure.

If the Jags trade Mark before June 1 or would to release him (not likely), they save the $6M of the 2002 salary but must recognize the remaining $4M of bonus from the 2003 and 2004 years ($2M from each year). That makes a $2M 2002 cap savings ($6M 2002 salary - $4M of future years bonus proration). Brunell's current cap figure is $8M and if he is gone before June 1 the 2002 cap figure on the Jag's books is $6M (remaining proration of bonus).

For another team who would get him. They would only assume his salary for each year of his current contract. That would be $6M for 2002.

Hope that explains it.

If they trade him after June 1, the 2002 cap savings goes up by $2M but that $2M would be on the team's 2003 cap."

Hope this helps y'all some. Personally, I would love to see Aikman come to Miami. Fiedler is good, yes, but he is NOT the QB to take the 'Phins to the next level. As far as calling Brunell a "banged up and oft-injured QB," I'll have you know Mark Brunell has been pounded two years in a row behind a constantly changing and makeshift OL and has only missed one game.

I also think Fred Taylor has a better chance of being traded from the Jaguars than Brunell. His asking price is much lower, as is his salary for another team to take on. Boselli is as good as gone for those wondering.

I like Mark Brunell. I think he is a great QB, but he will want too much money. And right now our main focus should be our offensive line and our defensive line.

Back
Top Bottom