What does everyone else think about bringing in this QB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What does everyone else think about bringing in this QB?

phinsphan4ever

Welcome to Miami Daunte!!
Reaction score
In the thread below, dolfan87 asked me who I'd bring in to be our starting QB, instead of resigning Jay. I said good question and I replied Mark Brunell. The Jags are reportedly shopping him around and for the right price, we could obtain his services. Think about it! He would fit perfectly into our offensive scheme. He's a good mobile QB, got fairly decent arm strengh, and has good touch on his deep throws. What are everyone else's thoughts on this prospect?:eek:

Originally posted by aqua&orange54
In the thread below, dolfan87 asked me who I'd bring in to be our starting QB, instead of resigning Jay. I said good question and I replied Mark Brunell. The Jags are reportedly shopping him around and for the right price, we could obtain his services. Think about it! He would fit perfectly into our offensive scheme. He's a good mobile QB, got fairly decent arm strengh, and has good touch on his deep throws. What are everyone else's thoughts on this prospect?:eek:

I've got some land in the Everglades for you....

You do know that his contract has to be renegotiated first....a trade does NOT revoke his contract....what would be our cap hit and the Jax cap hit?

FFib...........

Originally posted by FFiB

I've got some land in the Everglades for you....

You do know that his contract has to be renegotiated first....a trade does NOT revoke his contract....what would be our cap hit and the Jax cap hit?

That's a good question. I have no clue. If someone could post what our cap hit would be if we pursued Brunell, please post it.:confused:

I do know that under normal circumstances (staying with the Jags) Brunell would be a 6 million dollar cap hit in 2002 for the Jags.

To calculate the cap hit for both teams you have to know what the length of the contract would be with the guaranteed money (i.e. signing bonus) which would accelerate into 2002....

what I gathered so far is that Jacksonville would be hit with about 4 million if traded.....

Jacksonville would consider trading Brunell if Bosselli is NOT taken by the Texans....

If Jacksonville would trade Brunell they would request a few high picks...

More to come

what I gathered so far is that Jacksonville would be hit with about 4 million if traded.....

And that 4mill. is SB money, no?

BB

The difference between Brunnell and Jay is..... Brunell earned the right to get his high salary, Jay hasn't!!! Feidler wants 5 mil a year?? Get real!!! YOU ARE JUST A QUALITY BACKUP!!!!!!! If Feidler is that greedy, why doesn't he sell his ears to RIPLEY's Believe it or not??? He would make some major cash!!!!:goof:

Originally posted by bigbry

And that 4mill. is SB money, no?

BB

Honestly, I am confused....the official cap relieve is 2 million which leaves about 4 million hit on cap for 2002...I do believe it must be his signing bonus....

I requested some additional info from my friend in Jxv who works for one of the papers up there.

Jay is worth the $$

Compared to the rest of the retarded starting, and BACKUP QBs in the league, Jay Fiedler does deserve right around $5 million. Jay is a good starting QB, and those who disagree were just to spoiled with MARINO for 2 decades to realize that.

Re: Jay is worth the $$

Originally posted by chambers84
Compared to the rest of the retarded starting, and BACKUP QBs in the league, Jay Fiedler does deserve right around $5 million. Jay is a good starting QB, and those who disagree were just to spoiled with MARINO for 2 decades to realize that.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Re: Jay is worth the $$

Originally posted by chambers84
that is a very debatable subject, after having 3 games without an INT, i , for one, don't think so!:rolleyes:

If it's any help, Brunell signed a four-year contract extension worth about $30 million with an $8 million signing bonus.

He's scheduled to make $6,250,000 in salary next season, so that along with the signing bonus gives him a cap figure of $8.25M that I know about, though there may well be other incentives and roster bonuses that I'm unaware of.

He is also scheduled to make $6.75M and $6.5M the following two years.

HTH

Re: Re: Jay is worth the $$

Originally posted by dolfan06
that is a very debatable subject, after having 3 games without an INT, i , for one, don't think so!:rolleyes:

Jay had 6 games without an INT ( see http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/players/gamelog?statsId=3012 )

Brunnell is much better than Jay, but we cannot afford to pay him the money he is making; and he is incredibly injury-prone and banged up; not to mention we would need to trade for him.

Jay:
  1. is the best UFA QB out there
  2. we know what he can do
  3. he has improved over the last 2 years
    [/list=1]

- that is why Wanne wants him back.

He might be inconsistent, but so is Favre, Manning, Warner, etc... Give Jay an OL, a run D and a RB and take the pressure off of him to win it all and he can takes us as far the rest of the team will allow .

i was told 6.........

but when you have 10 games vs 6, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference does it?:yell:

Back
Top Bottom