What does Flores know about Raekwon Davis that we don't? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What does Flores know about Raekwon Davis that we don't?

Julio Jones has played pretty well in the NFL.

True, but he was star in college and was drafted very high.

He was supposed to be that good.

I am talking about guys who do better than expected at the Pro level.

Atlanta gave up a fortune to get him clearly expecting him to be an All Pro.

I think fans put to much emphasis on DTs penetrating and generating sacks. However, guys like Donald and Suh are extremely rare. If this guy can be a space eater and anchor the middle of the line it will keep our LBs clean to make plays. Remember Darrell Gardner and Tim Bowen’s? Zach Thomas credited them on multiple occasions throughout his career for his success.

True, but he was star in college and was drafted very high.

He was supposed to be that good.

I am talking about guys who do better than expected at the Pro level.

Atlanta gave up a fortune to get him clearly expecting him to be an All Pro.

I'm not sure I'm understanding the argument. Are we now saying Alabama draftees are never any good unless they're drafted super high? Josh Jacobs and Derrick Henry? Landon Collins, Dalvin Tomlinson, A'Shawn Robinson, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Dont'a Hightower, Kareem Jackson, etc...have carved out nice careers.

I could perhaps understand the argument that Alabama players have a tendency to get a bump-up in their draft stock, go a little high, relative to players at other schools. I'd probably argue that Raekwon Davis wasn't that, though. He was a highly recruited player in a Hercules body and I think he probably went a little lower because of some of the things Alabama asked him to do.

I'm not sure I'm understanding the argument. Are we now saying Alabama draftees are never any good unless they're drafted super high? Josh Jacobs and Derrick Henry? Landon Collins, Dalvin Tomlinson, A'Shawn Robinson, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Dont'a Hightower, Kareem Jackson, etc...have carved out nice careers.

I could perhaps understand the argument that Alabama players have a tendency to get a bump-up in their draft stock, go a little high, relative to players at other schools. I'd probably argue that Raekwon Davis wasn't that, though. He was a highly recruited player in a Hercules body and I think he probably went a little lower because of some of the things Alabama asked him to do.
I look at it from a different standpoint. They are coached and developed so well that you wonder how much more room for development there is at the NFL level.

No, I am saying that not a lot of Alabama players out perform their draft prospect rankings very much.

And we will need Davis to do that.

And I am not saying there are not any examples of Saban players who have exceeded expectations, just not very many.

He tends to get the best of the best in recruiting and then coaches them well.They are usually close to finished products when they get the the NFL.

And i think we are going to need Davis to improve in the NFL to justify his drafting.

No one in the League has Aaron Donald type talent, except Mr Donald himself.

Barring injury he is going to go down as one of the top handful of DT all all time.

Back
Top Bottom