What Does This Do To The Salary Cap? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Does This Do To The Salary Cap?

He was slated to make $3.735 million in base salary this year. That money will not be paid and Ricky comes completely off our salary cap. Hence we have the money now to re-sign Ogunleye and extend Chambers, and I would expect Ogunleye in a Dolphin uniform for the opening of training camp.

So let me get this straight guys. We just picked up $3.75 mill in cap space.

Could Miami sign O-gun, extend Chambers.......and then still have enough left over to make a trade to pick up a running back?

(a team like Cleveland with Lee Suggs and William Green might be willing to part with one)

Clumpy - The salary cap page shows us with more than $6.4 million in space, but it still shows Ogunleye's tender at $1.8 million. Since that has been lowered and taking Ricky off the books, am I correct that we are currently $11.5 million below the cap?

If we are, then I believe the answer to MikeO's question is yes...provided that we can find a trade partner at this date that has enough cap room on its end to absorb the accelerated signing bonus that would stem from trading its own player.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Clumpy - The salary cap page shows us with more than $6.4 million in space, but it still shows Ogunleye's tender at $1.8 million. Since that has been lowered and taking Ricky off the books, am I correct that we are currently $11.5 million below the cap?

If we are, then I believe the answer to MikeO's question is yes...provided that we can find a trade partner at this date that has enough cap room on its end to absorb the accelerated signing bonus that would stem from trading its own player.

I'm in the process of updating the cap page before training camp starts

Clayton had ya about $6.3 million under, which is more up to date than my page. If the RW stuff is true, then add the $3.735 million and you guys are about $10 million under the cap and that's plenty of cap space to do whatever is necessary to replace him

Clumpy said:
Since there is no bonus money to repay, what Dave sez is true
What exactly did Dave say? And BTW thx for not being an *** like tht Jag fan and a few others by not rubbing it in too bad. All u have to do is imagine....well nvm u guys dont really have one player thtd screw u guys up too bad.

FinFan24 said:
What exactly did Dave say? And BTW thx for not being an *** like tht Jag fan and a few others by not rubbing it in too bad. All u have to do is imagine....well nvm u guys dont really have one player thtd screw u guys up too bad.

The poster with the username DolfanDaveInATX is who I'm referring to not Wannstedt

Do we get a compensatory pick for him next year? Aren't those picks for teams who lose players via free agency and retirement. If so it should be pretty high. If anyone knows for sure please reply.

No comp picks for players who retire. There is cap relief if a player returns signing bonus previously paid, but he hasn't received any from Miami, so the only cap relief will be his $3.735 million salary

Man, no comp picks. That really hurts. But it's nice to know that we recouped that salary.

BTW - please use the "report a bad post" feature if you see people acting up around here. It's the red and white triangle with the exclamation point under each poster's stats on the left. It immediately alerts us. It's bad enough that this happened. We don't need jackasses from other teams "chiming in".

MikeO said:
So let me get this straight guys. We just picked up $3.75 mill in cap space.

Could Miami sign O-gun, extend Chambers.......and then still have enough left over to make a trade to pick up a running back?

(a team like Cleveland with Lee Suggs and William Green might be willing to part with one)

Like Suggs I have not heard that one yet.

We are gonna have to trade like two more picks for a running back.. We should get picks, we lost two firsts for him, and he only played for two years..

Back
Top Bottom