What does your free agency wish-list look like? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What does your free agency wish-list look like?

MiamiHitman13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is my first post here! This past season brought back my enthusiasm for my beloved Miami Dolphins, and I needed a place to share my ideas and opinions with fellow Dolfans, so here I am.

Anyway, I see everyone posting about drafting this guy or that guy, but I wanted to shift gears and take a look at the upcoming free agents.

Here are a couple names that jump out at me: TJ Housh, Jordan Gross, Karlos Dansby

I saw Julius Peppers and Albert Hainesworth on the list too, but that would be way too pricey. And Oakland won't let cornerback Asomugha go anywhere.

My priority would be as follows:

#1. Jordan Gross - I'm a big believer in building the offensive line before anything else. To me, O-line should always be top priority. He is a solid RT as far as I can tell and Vernon Carey is a free agent, so I'm thinking that we should replace Carey with Gross. Carey is too soft, imho, and I think Jordan Gross would be a nice upgrade.

#2. TJ Housh - We need a receiver and he is the best one available. Nuff said.

#3. Karlos Dansby - I've seen this guy play a couple of times and really liked what I saw. I'm not sure Arizona is gonna let him go to a another team, but if he does, I hope it's Miami that he signs with. We need an OLB, and this guy is a good one!

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

I think i seen where Asomugha can leave since he was elected to Pro Bowl he cant be franchised. It will take big money but how many honest shutdown man corners are there in this league. Asante got huge money but isnt half as good as Asomugha. But I dont care if its 10 million a year Albert haynesworth is a game changer and a stud. He requires a Double team every snap and is a run stuffer who can get to the passer. We would have way more sacks with Albert at DT. I think we break the bank on him. We had a ton of money left. The cap in 09 will be approx 123 million. I say let Crowder and Carey go. Carey wants LT money and will get it elsewhere. Crowder misses too many play and tackles.. I think Laurinitis and SPikes are 10 times better than Crowder. Maybe sign Dansby. But we have to get a Safety, NT, CB, G/C,WR,LB. Whether its FA or draft. I didnt like Percy Harvin at first but seeing him lately on highlights and such he would be a stud in the wildcat. Running a double reverse with Ginn and Percy would be insane. But I just pray we draft or sign some secondary help this year. William Moore,Myron Rolle at Safety, MArk Parsons,Dominique Johnson,DJ Moore, Alphonso Smith,Macho,Butler at CB. I mean this years draft is stacked with CB,S. We have to pick a couple up.

Haynesworth talents IMO would be kind of wasted in the 3-4 . . . don't get me wrong he would be great, but I wouldn't pay Albert huge dollars to be a 3-4 NT. He is a 4-3 DT.

I like Gross, but my beef with him is that he also is gonna be a guy who will get LT money . . . we aren't paying him LT money to play RT. We can keep Carey for a RT price I believe. We can't afford to have 2 of the top 5 highest paid tackles in the league.

I think we do bring in a veteran WR, I think Cincy resigns TJ so he is out of the question. Plus he is over 30 I believe . . . he is gonna want huge dollars . . . who knows when he starts his decline tho. Gimme a guy thats only a few million a year who can help our young WR's . . . ala Torry Holt (if available).

Guys I could see us go after:

Asomugha, Dunta Robinson, Karlos Dansby, Terrell Suggs, Bart Scott, Matt Birk

My wish: Asomugha and Dansby

Back
Top Bottom