What draft prospects would you pound the table for? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What draft prospects would you pound the table for?

WTF, he won’t heal? He will be fine.

I'd love Smith, as I think he'd be a great fit. But there are other receivers that I like.

There are other receivers I like too.

In the NFL currently, there are a lot of receivers I like as well.

But not many can do what the likes of Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill or DeAndre Hopkins can do. Guys that not only can beat someone deep, but take short passes and turn them into huge plays. Guys that can go up and pull a ball down in almost any situation against any opponent.

Smith’s skill set looks to be among those types of triple threats. Not just a speed guy stretching defenses. Not just a route guy. Not just a kid w/ good hands. He has a bit of everything.

He runs routes as well as anyone. He’s got good football IQ and a knack for finding open spaces. He’s not a 4.2 guy, but he has plenty of quickness and speed to make big plays. He has tremendous hands. Despite his slight frame, he takes on contact well and has been durable.

He was the 1st receiver to win the Heisman for a reason. Because he is different than most other receivers. That’s why I want the kid in aqua and orange. MIA needs somebody different. Someone special.

But not many can do what the likes of Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill or DeAndre Hopkins can do. Guys that not only can beat someone deep, but take short passes and turn them into huge plays. Guys that can go up and pull a ball down in almost any situation against any opponent.

Smith’s skill set looks to be among those types of triple threats. Not just a speed guy stretching defenses. Not just a route guy. Not just a kid w/ good hands. He has a bit of everything.

He runs routes as well as anyone. He’s got good football IQ and a knack for finding open spaces. He’s not a 4.2 guy, but he has plenty of quickness and speed to make big plays. He has tremendous hands. Despite his slight frame, he takes on contact well and has been durable.

He was the 1st receiver to win the Heisman for a reason. Because he is different than most other receivers. That’s why I want the kid in aqua and orange. MIA needs somebody different. Someone special.
I agree. Incredible player and the guy I want most for Miami.

He’s got a 2nd round value on him right now but I think after pro days and combine he will jump into the 1st round. Miami (FL) EDGE Jaelan Phillips is the guy that I absolutely love. 6’6 260/265 and lightning quick off the snap. This guy is the former #1 overall recruit from I believe the 17’ class and he chose UCLA out of high school and then actually retired from football. I’m unsure of the reason as their were different things reported but he decided to come back and transferred to Miami(FL) and my goodness what a year he had. 8 sacks for him this year on the same DL that also featured another NFL guy in Quincy Roche. But I think Phillips is just scratching the surface of his potential and he’s actually better against the run than I thought he would be. Yes this would be a pick based on potential but his ceiling is ridiculously high. I wouldn’t mind seeing Miami take him with 2nd 1st rounders at #18. I like him even more than projected 1st rounders Greg Rousseau who is also from Miami(FL) but he opted out this year. I think Flo and the defensive staff are really good at developing talent and if they can do what they’ve done the past 2 years and get this guy to play to his full potential what a get he would in the middle of round 1.

He’s got a 2nd round value on him right now but I think after pro days and combine he will jump into the 1st round. Miami (FL) EDGE Jaelan Phillips is the guy that I absolutely love. 6’6 260/265 and lightning quick off the snap. This guy is the former #1 overall recruit from I believe the 17’ class and he chose UCLA out of high school and then actually retired from football. I’m unsure of the reason as their were different things reported but he decided to come back and transferred to Miami(FL) and my goodness what a year he had. 8 sacks for him this year on the same DL that also featured another NFL guy in Quincy Roche. But I think Phillips is just scratching the surface of his potential and he’s actually better against the run than I thought he would be. Yes this would be a pick based on potential but his ceiling is ridiculously high. I wouldn’t mind seeing Miami take him with 2nd 1st rounders at #18. I like him even more than projected 1st rounders Greg Rousseau who is also from Miami(FL) but he opted out this year. I think Flo and the defensive staff are really good at developing talent and if they can do what they’ve done the past 2 years and get this guy to play to his full potential what a get he would in the middle of round 1.
I Like Phillips too, I know he had some medical red flags early in his career. I think he could be kind of like OV where he has a better NFL career than college, athletically he’s a specimen. The NC game where Miami got absolutely destroyed in the run game makes me a bit worried if those guys can set the edge consistently enough for our scheme. Rousseau is a very interesting guy but the 1 year of production scares me, he’s gonna be a super raw developmental guy

I Like Phillips too, I know he had some medical red flags early in his career. I think he could be kind of like OV where he has a better NFL career than college, athletically he’s a specimen. The NC game where Miami got absolutely destroyed in the run game makes me a bit worried if those guys can set the edge consistently enough for our scheme. Rousseau is a very interesting guy but the 1 year of production scares me, he’s gonna be a super raw developmental guy
That NC game was just an all around debacle. I mean it was just a perfect storm and it’s football. Those kind of days happen to everyone. But NCs offense was also dynamite as they have several good players on that team and especially the offense. The backs Williams and Carter are both really nice players and yes I know they had 550 rushing or whatever it was but when a team gives up those kind of numbers I really believe it’s bc they just quit bc that game was over from the jump as I believe NC led like 21-3 at the end of the 1st if I’m not mistaken so like I said it’s football it happens.

As for Rousseau I know he had the 1 year last year of great production and I really would have loved to have seen him play this year but I’m sure the agents told him you know you have a high draft grade now and you had 15.5 sacks last season you’re stock can only drop bc it’ll be hard to duplicate those numbers again. So for Rousseau himself he probably did the best self preserving thing he could do. But that’s what scares me most about him is he’s so so raw and it’s just 1 year of production. The production is great but his draft status has a lot to do with his measurables his size bc he goes what 6’7 250 I believe. I can’t help but think Dion Jordan when I look at him. I wouldn’t touch him with a 10 foot pole.

Im sure somebody will say well Jaelan Phillips only has this year of production but I would counter that by saying but he was also the top ranked recruit in the country coming out of high school so his traits were their from a young age. I like JP a lot I really do I think if you can get him mid/late 1st whoever it is will be getting a consistent 12-15 sacks a year guy who really impacts the game every week.

Trade down from 3 to 5/6 range and grab an early second rounder this year and also a 1st or 2nd next year - even if we have to switch 2nd/3rd rounder this year to make it happen. Unless you are taking Sewell and then Best WR available at 18 you move down. If we can come away with one of Sewell/Parsons with 1A moving down a few spots we can then package or #18 with the second rounder we pick up to move back into the top 10 and grab who is left of Smith/Waddle/Chase at WR. With our 2nd rounders and 3rd we can grab a edge rusher, RB, and possibly Creed if he falls at center.

A lot of people will be off Harris after his disappointing 40 time. He reminds me of David Montgomery. Wouldn't draft until 2nd round

Davonte Smith.
I was on the Javonte Williams bandwagon before the Miami game. Now? I'm driving the train.
Joseph Ossai
Tylan Wallace later. Or Chris Olave.
The Alabama center in the third. Maybe he can be had later due to the injury. Have a 1 yr FA hold down center and plug in Dickerson in 2022.
A RB and WR also picked on Day 3. I would jump if on Day 3 we snagged Rhamondre Stevenson of Oklahoma. I know he isn't the cleanest prospect, but neither was PReston Williams. Stevenson - 246lbs- would be a great steal for a bruising back.

Pittsburgh DE Patrick Jones is another guy I'd pound the table for if he makes it to 2a or 2b. I absolutely love his versatility and motor. Good player.

I agree. Incredible player and the guy I want most for Miami.

I agree 100% with what you said, Devanta Smith is what the Dolphins desperately need. One more note to add to your list for him is that he is his best in clutch situations. On the Alabama team with 3 other 1st round wide receivers when he was a true freshman, Tua as a true freshman threw that final 2nd and 26 pass to Devanta as time ran out and he took it to the house to win the national championship. When Alabama was down to Georgia this year and was struggling on offense, he took the punt return for a TD to change momentum. When Waddle went down, he averaged 9/155/2 TD per game for the last 7 games including playoffs against SEC and Notre Dame competition when everyone knew it needed to go to him. In the SEC championship and playoff game this year, 22 for 314 and 5 TDs including game winning TD and the onsides kick recovery to seal the Florida game. He is the one I will pound my fist for.

R1: Sewell (OT), Pitts (TE/WR), Smith (WR), Chase (WR), Harris (RB) , Waddle (WR)

R2/3: Toney(WR) , Bateman (WR), Olave (WR), J Williams (RB), St. Brown (WR), Humphrey (C), Dickerson (C), Nasirildeen (S)

Late rounds: Chubba Hubbard (RB), Zamir White (RB), Trey Sermon (RB), Jaret Patterson (RB), Seth Williams (WR) , Nazz Newsome (WR), Trevon Grimes (WR), Jabril Cox (LB), Ventril Miller (LB)

Focus very much on skill positions on O, honestly if we just drafted O in this draft and fixed a couple of holes on D through FA, I would be more than happy.

Here are my guys who could be as good as picks in the 1st Rd.

Chris Olave - somehow always seems to be open and get separation. Will probably go 2nd round.

Javante Williams - may end up being the best RB of this draft.

Dayo Odeyingbo - has the physical tools to be a stud NFL DE.

James Wiggins - U.C. safety has battled back from an ACL injury. Great athlete and good tackler. We will see what he runs at the combine.

Daviyon Nixon - not a big name guy but very productive.

Back
Top Bottom