What draft prospects would you pound the table for? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What draft prospects would you pound the table for?

3: Chase, Smith, Sewell, Parsons

18. Waddle, Darrisaw, Rousseau, Phillips, Collins, Harris, Bateman

.....I'd trade down from both spots. Slightly. Waddle at 18 is the only value I'm running up the card for out of any of those scenarios, but doubt he makes it that far.

Edit: Pitts is really intriguing if he slides.

Day 2 guys I like a lot: Javonte Williams, Creed Humphrey, Alijah Vera-Tucker, Sermon, Chris Olave (probably sneaks into late RD1), St. Brown, Trey Smith, Rondale AND Elijah Moore, Toney, Josh Myers, Jalen Mayfield, Tylan Wallace, Jordan Davis, Tyler Shelvin, Andre Cisco, Brevin Jordan

Last edited:
I would pound the table for any of these guys...

Sewell
Parsons
Chase
Smith
Waddle
Najee
Dickerson
Humphrey
Gainwell
Williams, Jevonta
Collins
Lecounte
Pitts
Jordan Davis
Ojulari

thats a good start

i no particular order

Penei Sewell
DeVonta Smith
Ja'Marr Chase
Rashawn Slater
Jalen Mayfield
Azeez Ojulari
Jayson Oweh
Micah Parsons
Zaven Collins
Baron Browning
Najee Harris
Javonte Williams
Trey Sermon
Tylan Wallace
Elijah Moore
Amon-Ra St. Brown
Kenny Yeboah
Jordan Davis
Alim McNeill
Elijah Molden
Dyami Brown
Abraham Lucas

i'm sure i'm forgetting someone

He’s got a 2nd round value on him right now but I think after pro days and combine he will jump into the 1st round. Miami (FL) EDGE Jaelan Phillips is the guy that I absolutely love. 6’6 260/265 and lightning quick off the snap. This guy is the former #1 overall recruit from I believe the 17’ class and he chose UCLA out of high school and then actually retired from football. I’m unsure of the reason as their were different things reported but he decided to come back and transferred to Miami(FL) and my goodness what a year he had. 8 sacks for him this year on the same DL that also featured another NFL guy in Quincy Roche. But I think Phillips is just scratching the surface of his potential and he’s actually better against the run than I thought he would be. Yes this would be a pick based on potential but his ceiling is ridiculously high. I wouldn’t mind seeing Miami take him with 2nd 1st rounders at #18. I like him even more than projected 1st rounders Greg Rousseau who is also from Miami(FL) but he opted out this year. I think Flo and the defensive staff are really good at developing talent and if they can do what they’ve done the past 2 years and get this guy to play to his full potential what a get he would in the middle of round 1.
Sounds like a really good one to add if we can gauge if he loves the game... I’d hope to snag him in the second if possible

He’s got a 2nd round value on him right now but I think after pro days and combine he will jump into the 1st round. Miami (FL) EDGE Jaelan Phillips is the guy that I absolutely love. 6’6 260/265 and lightning quick off the snap. This guy is the former #1 overall recruit from I believe the 17’ class and he chose UCLA out of high school and then actually retired from football. I’m unsure of the reason as their were different things reported but he decided to come back and transferred to Miami(FL) and my goodness what a year he had. 8 sacks for him this year on the same DL that also featured another NFL guy in Quincy Roche. But I think Phillips is just scratching the surface of his potential and he’s actually better against the run than I thought he would be. Yes this would be a pick based on potential but his ceiling is ridiculously high. I wouldn’t mind seeing Miami take him with 2nd 1st rounders at #18. I like him even more than projected 1st rounders Greg Rousseau who is also from Miami(FL) but he opted out this year. I think Flo and the defensive staff are really good at developing talent and if they can do what they’ve done the past 2 years and get this guy to play to his full potential what a get he would in the middle of round 1.

Canes fans welcome

I don't know if I'm really at the "pound the table for" level with a lot of guys yet. This has shaped up like a draft where guys are more or less just slotting around to their appropriate spots for me, more so than having a nice full list of players that I've really fallen for.

I'd certainly pound the table for WR Devonta Smith. I'm pretty close to there with RB Najee Harris, LB Zaven Collins, OLB Azeez Ojulari, DE Carlos Basham, and OC Creed Humphrey. I'm getting there on OT Christian Darrisaw.

A little later on, I think I can say that I imagine OT Abraham Lucas is going to outperform where he goes, or at least where it looks like he's going based on media stuff right now. Same with WR Warren Jackson, CB Tariq Castro-Fields, DB James Wiggins, and DE Dayo Odeyingbo. And NT Khyiris Tonga.

EDIT: I should say I'm also 'getting there' with DL Levi Onwuzurike at the top. Goodness you can feel his dominance. Jeffery Simmons vibes.

Last edited:
1A DeVonta Smith and Chase at 3. I'd be fine with either or...

1B Rashod Bateman, Travis Etienne, Greg rousseau

2A Creed Humprehy, Jaelan Phillips

Canes fans welcome
I appreciate the welcome bro but I'm a big big Clemson fan. I doubt I'll be welcome after letting that be known but all joking aside I respect the U and always have. I know we play from time to time but I have absolutely zero hate towards the Canes and actually pull for them pretty much any time they aint playing Clemson and especially when they play FSU. When I was a kid in the 90s Clemson was extremely mediocre and FSU used to smash us annually and I hated FSU with a passion. When Miami started to come back in the late 90s early 00s and started to beat FSU I started to like them and have ever since.

The 2001 Miami team that beat Nebraska in the Rose bowl is the greatest college football team that I ever saw and I'll go to my grave with that opinion. I don't care what all these people say nowadays about some of the Bama teams or the LSU team from last year that 2001 Miami team would beat them and I'll go to my grave believing that.

I appreciate the welcome bro but I'm a big big Clemson fan. I doubt I'll be welcome after letting that be known but all joking aside I respect the U and always have. I know we play from time to time but I have absolutely zero hate towards the Canes and actually pull for them pretty much any time they aint playing Clemson and especially when they play FSU. When I was a kid in the 90s Clemson was extremely mediocre and FSU used to smash us annually and I hated FSU with a passion. When Miami started to come back in the late 90s early 00s and started to beat FSU I started to like them and have ever since.

The 2001 Miami team that beat Nebraska in the Rose bowl is the greatest college football team that I ever saw and I'll go to my grave with that opinion. I don't care what all these people say nowadays about some of the Bama teams or the LSU team from last year that 2001 Miami team would beat them and I'll go to my grave believing that.

You knew so much about the Canes i just figured you were a fan :ffic:

You knew so much about the Canes i just figured you were a fan :ffic:
Haha yeah I figured but I just love college football. I love pro football and I love the Miami Dolphins with a passion but man college football is just something I can't describe and especially since Clemson has became a powerhouse. I've always favored college over the pros but I'm from South Carolina and its college football Heaven around here and the south in general so we're raised on it. I was never given choices on my teams bc my dad picked my teams for me which are Clemson and Miami. He's loved the Dolphins since 1965 so it was passed on to me. He's still got the 1985 Monday night game against Chicago on tape and we used to watch it all the time on the old VCR when I was a kid and of course I worshipped Marino and still do. But college football man theirs just nothing like it and I love it and study it so I'm at least familiar with everybody and even more so obviously with the big boys and the ACC/SEC in particular.

Haha yeah I figured but I just love college football. I love pro football and I love the Miami Dolphins with a passion but man college football is just something I can't describe and especially since Clemson has became a powerhouse. I've always favored college over the pros but I'm from South Carolina and its college football Heaven around here and the south in general so we're raised on it. I was never given choices on my teams bc my dad picked my teams for me which are Clemson and Miami. He's loved the Dolphins since 1965 so it was passed on to me. He's still got the 1985 Monday night game against Chicago on tape and we used to watch it all the time on the old VCR when I was a kid and of course I worshipped Marino and still do. But college football man theirs just nothing like it and I love it and study it so I'm at least familiar with everybody and even more so obviously with the big boys and the ACC/SEC in particular.
Great story. I completely understand you. I miss having my dad with me watching the games on Sundays. And having him watch the 1st round of the draft was always cool.

The guys I want are always guys who dominated at an early age... so most of the opt outs are quite high on my list. All of those guys would have been 1st round picks last year if the NFL rules allowed them to declare.

Penei Sewell, Micah Parsons, Jamar Chase... all fit.

Terrance Marshall (at 20, younger and bigger than those who'll be drafted ahead of him)
Javonte Williams is only 20.

These are the guys I'd make an extra effort to obtain. They have more years left and all of them were dominant at early ages, meaning that it is likely that they have not peaked yet.

Great story. I completely understand you. I miss having my dad with me watching the games on Sundays. And having him watch the 1st round of the draft was always cool.
Thanks bro. 1 more quick story for yall to kind of illustrate the college football love around here and my hatred for FSU. I believe it was the 1993 Clemson at FSU game and FSU beat us 57-0. My dad went in to work the following Monday and opened his locker and the fellas had set a bottle of Heinz 57 sauce in there for him to see front and center lol. I remember he came home from work that day steaming haha. But when the Canes started to really come back under Ken Dorsey Ed Reed and those guys and they beat FSU 27-24 in that 2000 game I remember my dad being so happy bc we always kind of pulled for the Canes bc obviously we loved the Dolphins and Clemson was very mediocre back then so we'd watch the Canes bc it gave us somebody to pull for who was at the top in the title cconversations. But yeah always had a soft spot in my heart for the Canes.

Back
Top Bottom