What effect will the rain have? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What effect will the rain have?

Sportsguy11

Couldn't Lucas and Fiedler just do this?
Reaction score
Well what do you think? Is it better for us if it pours on Sunday, which is a very strong possibility. Or does it go in favor of the Jets?

THE STREAK ENDS AT *!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:monkey: JETS

Personally I don't think it will rain on Sunday. It will rain the rest of the week then Sunday is going to be sunny and breezy. The rain WILL play it's part, in that it will be extremely humid on Sunday, and NYers all admit it's the Miami humidity that gets you, not the heat. GO PHINS!!!!

The rain favors us, we have a better running game and a more mobile QB.

The Rain just has to be in our favor as the Dolphins deliberately practice in those conditions. Ricky even complained on his website about it. There maybe more running in the rain and I think that's to our advantage this year.

All the same I hope it doesn't rain. The heat and humidity factor will be important.

17 in a row and counting at home in August and September.

I don't know. though it'll be to our advantage with the run. We also have a very good passing game, but on the other hand. The Jets could be most dangerous in the air, especially with Surtain out. (if he's going to miss the game)

well we saw what happen to the jets in the rain.

60- 3 fins

Well the Jets in the rain against the PATs were horrible...but they didn't use C. Martin as much as they will against us..so I'm not sure was the effect will be..if only they play the same kind O just one more week. :-)

"Do you fear the force of the wind, the slash of the rain? Go face them and fight them, be savage again! As the Rock says: "It doesn't matter!" Rain or shine, the Dolphins should win this game. The only way they lose is by beating themselves. Fins need to get on this team early and demoralize them.

Go Fins!

I hope that hurrican doesn't hit because rain is bad for us. You know how many upsets happen in the rain? It's a game of luck in the rain, who fumbles the least usually wins. When it rains, anyone can win by any score, because the game turns so unpredictable. Since we have the better team, I would hope that it doesn't rain because I believe it gives us a disadvantage. Especially with a fumble prone running back and a weak run defense. They are saying Miami will start to feel the effects of the Hurricane late Friday-early Saturday. Hopefully it will leave by Sunday and leave a nice level of humidity in the city just in time for the game.

In days of Marino rain games were definitely a hinderance to the Fins. The Fins are a different team now though and I strongly believe that rain games will favor us now. With Ricky pounding the ball play after play the Fins can play mud ball with the best of them. If we had to play the Rams again I'd prefer a rain game wouldn't you?

Bring on the rain! These Fins have learned to swim!

Early Rain, and Clouds = HUMID

I hope it is mostly cloudy all morning long, then it clears up by game time. That will be the most humid it could possibly get. The forecast is expected to be right around 90 degrees. Add about 90 to 100% humidity........Now that's HOT. :fire:

If it rains the benefit could be given to the running games, but one thing is that sloppy fields are very bad for the Cb's, who have no clue where the Wr is going. The Wr knows his route, and a simple juke could land his defender sliding. The big thing is can the Wr's catch it!!

Re: Early Rain, and Clouds = HUMID

Originally posted by Ozzy
I hope it is mostly cloudy all morning long, then it clears up by game time. That will be the most humid it could possibly get. The forecast is expected to be right around 90 degrees. Add about 90 to 100% humidity........Now that's HOT. :fire:

If it rains the benefit could be given to the running games, but one thing is that sloppy fields are very bad for the Cb's, who have no clue where the Wr is going. The Wr knows his route, and a simple juke could land his defender sliding. The big thing is can the Wr's catch it!!

I have to wonder about Ricky`s small hands handling a wet football.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
I hope that hurrican doesn't hit because rain is bad for us. You know how many upsets happen in the rain? It's a game of luck in the rain, who fumbles the least usually wins. When it rains, anyone can win by any score, because the game turns so unpredictable. Since we have the better team, I would hope that it doesn't rain because I believe it gives us a disadvantage. Especially with a fumble prone running back and a weak run defense. They are saying Miami will start to feel the effects of the Hurricane late Friday-early Saturday. Hopefully it will leave by Sunday and leave a nice level of humidity in the city just in time for the game.

Not necessarily, the last two games I remembered we had at Pro Player stadium when it rained was Balt (W) and Tenn (W). We won both of those games convincingly. Anyone, correct me if I'm wrong, but those are the last two games in Miami when it rained.

Back
Top Bottom