What ever happened to Dan Neil? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What ever happened to Dan Neil?

T tes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know he was released by Denver, but did anybody pick this guy up? And would Miami have a chance at getting him if he wasn't?:confused:

yeah he was released.. not sure who got him on their radar.. maybe he is still hurt??

T tes said:
I know he was released by Denver, but did anybody pick this guy up? And would Miami have a chance at getting him if he wasn't?:confused:

Lions got him. He was cut by us, b/c he wasn't the same player as in previous years. Infact, in the later part of the season Cooper Carlisle was starting ahead of him. He was geting too many pennalties. And making too much $.

OrangeCrush said:
Lions got him. He was cut by us, b/c he wasn't the same player as in previous years. Infact, in the later part of the season Cooper Carlisle was starting ahead of him. He was geting too many pennalties. And making too much $.

i think your confused with another player... the dolphins never cut him and he was not replaced on the starting line-up...

Eric-Gofins said:
i think your confused with another player... the dolphins never cut him and he was not replaced on the starting line-up...

Psst....I think he's a Bronco fan....."us" was referring to "them". ;)

When did he sign with Detroit?? I saw him listed as available on NFL.com jjust yesterday??

I thought that Neil re-signed with the Broncos already.

burger13 said:
Psst....I think he's a Bronco fan....."us" was referring to "them". ;)

When did he sign with Detroit?? I saw him listed as available on NFL.com jjust yesterday??

yeah i missed that he might have been a broncos fan...

unless he was signed in the last 24 hrs... he hasnt signed with the Lions...

if someone has a link would be nice if im wrong...

Rick DeMulling signed with the Lions- Neil is still out there.

Neil, would be a good addition to our o-line, but we dont kno what happened to him. So if Miami were to sign it would be for 1 year vet min, Houck would have to evaluate him or maybe there not interested if they were Miami would have interviewed him by now...

I wish we could get him that would be a goof addtion to the line

Getumboys said:
I wish we could get him that would be a goof addtion to the line

Indeed... a "goof" addition!

From a Broncos fan:

OrangeCrush said:
He was cut by us, b/c he wasn't the same player as in previous years. Infact, in the later part of the season Cooper Carlisle was starting ahead of him. He was geting too many pennalties. And making too much $.

Too many penalties? Too much $$? not the same player? benched?

Do we really want him?

The Bronco fan was incorrect Cooper Carlislie started the last 4 games of the season only after Dan Niel did not play due to injuries... Dan has been a starter for years..

i think Dan must still be hurt and thus hasnt been able to work out with anyone...im trying to find out for sure

WharfRat said:
Indeed... a "goof" addition!

From a Broncos fan:

Too many penalties? Too much $$? not the same player? benched?

Do we really want him?

Agreed. Nobody here in Denver is too anxious to get him back, even at a lower contract. The guy is pretty much done. He would not be an upgrade to what we already have, and is older.

It's too bad they didn't drop Nalen. I would have definitely wanted him at C.

Back
Top Bottom