What formation will our O use the most this season??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What formation will our O use the most this season???

Pericles349

Practice Squad
Reaction score
From what you know about Linehan's system with the Vikings, what formation do you think we'll see the most from our offense?

I think we'll see the typical two backs, one TE and two WR's alot with Feeley in the shotgun (like Culpepper). However, I think he'll add an extra receiver in there and sub out a RB pretty regularly. I don't think we'll see the I formation nearly as much as we did with Wanny and we definitely won't see 4 or 5 WR sets as much as some people here think we will.

He'll take advantage of the Ronnie/Gordon combo, McMike, Chambers and Thompson/Booker....

Pericles349 said:
From what you know about Linehan's system with the Vikings, what formation do you think we'll see the most from our offense?

I think we'll see the typical two backs, one TE and two WR's alot with Feeley in the shotgun (like Culpepper). However, I think he'll add an extra receiver in there and sub out a RB pretty regularly. I don't think we'll see the I formation nearly as much as we did with Wanny and we definitely won't see 4 or 5 WR sets as much as some people here think we will.

We will running alot of the "ACE" offense. 3 Wide, 1 TE and 1 RB. Im sure the fins will go out of the pro but I think linehan likes the spread offense.(ACE)

Pericles349 said:

That would put us in the run an shoot offense. They key for three wide set is to still have a TE to help block on the run plays. its a good offense but we need the personell to run it. With the drafting of ronnie brown I see him in the same mold as thurman thomas. I think Brown will be deadly as a pass catching running back..

No I disagree. Linehan will adapt to our personnel. We don't have a great #3 WR.

We'll probably have a large amount of two TE sets, 2 WR, RB. We'll also have Evans H-Back, 2 WR, RB, 1 TE.

Jaj said:
No I disagree. Linehan will adapt to our personnel. We don't have a great #3 WR.

We'll probably have a large amount of two TE sets, 2 WR, RB. We'll also have Evans H-Back, 2 WR, RB, 1 TE.

That's a great point. We have Donald Lee who has been hella underused IMO. I would like to see him more involved at least until we get a quality #3 WR...

Any good FA WR's that Saban could still sign? Maybe any good June 1st cuts?

Boston, Hakim, and Lee as of now are the options. That's not so bad.

Is Hilliard not an option for some reason?

I think it's going to be a close call. I think we will see a lot of 3 WR single back. I think we'll also see a lot of two TE single back. A two WR, two RB set probably is the best call because it's probably the most flexible formation of the three. It also allows for the possibility of throwing Harris (or Gordon depending on who wins the backup job) out on the field at RB with Ronnie and then sending Ronnie out to act like a TE/WR.

I'll take Hilliard and Boston... pass on Lee and Mitchell....

Back
Top Bottom