what free agent should we sign? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what free agent should we sign?

J

jd13

who do you guys think we should sign with the 2.3m we got for restructuring gardener??? keep in mind that we have to be a certain amount under the cap for the draft...i dont think it is that much considering we dont have a 1&2 pick...i would like to get one or more of the following players: blake brockermeyer,cris carter,ken dilger,donnie edwards or sinclair/burnett/wadsworth and maybe victor green for depth...

1. Blake Brockmeyer
  2. another DE
  3. a veteran CB to play dime back - T-Buck ? no someone younger
  4. a P is still needed
    [/list=1]

1. Blake (1.2 hit in first year of contract)
2. Burnett/Sinclair/Wadsworth (veteran minimum 500K hit)
3. Carter if his asking price drops ($1.0 hit?)
4. Scott Galyon (650K hit?)
That all adds up to roughly 2.3 million. That will work if we sign Blake to a multi-year contract with a small first year salary (i.e. 4 year $8 million contract with a $2 million signing bonus).
We should be able to land one of those DE at the veteran minimum and get relief for doing so.
Hopefully Carter will agree to the offer he has been given, but may cost a little more, but will be worth it (maybe not $1.5 he asked for originally. Remember with no sales tax in Miami, 1.5 there is more anywhere else.)
I dont think Scott Galyon will cost more than 650K and will add depth at LB corps.

In the draft, we get our P in Dorsch, a TE, and a CB. After that, it is all depth (maybe a OG?)

We might have to cut Todd Perry though to make this all happen.

Originally posted by EddieIrvine13
We might have to cut Todd Perry though to make this all happen.
and that would probably not happen until 6/1

Obviously we are cutting players if we have seventy some now and we are adding "6 or 7" rookies. Do you see anyone making 7 digit figures getting cut after June 1 other than Todd Perry?

We definitely don't want Him !!

Originally posted by FinaticalOne
I can't believe Victor Green is still out there!!!!!!!!! :eek:
The only times he seems to play decent is when he was playing against the Dolphins !! Green is a role player that needs to be surrounded by other talented CB's. Like I said maybe a situational player ---- but at the right price and then I would have to think long and hard before the Phins signed him !!!:D Marino1983

we do not need any Ss we have 7 , but only 4 CBs

Victor Green is strictly a run defense Safety, he has no range in the passing game and CANNOT cover WRs, like our scheme calls for. he would be a wasted pickup.....

I could see if we had lost Brock, and Wooden to FA, but, the safety position is overcrowded now as it is.
I think he could have helped in the right situation, but, there is no need now.
How bout Donnie Abraham from the Buc?
I know they recently released him and there have been rumors that he wants to be reunited with Sperm Edwards in NY.
Now, that would be a quality need pickup.

We are 3.2 million below the cap. We need to save im guessing 1.7 million for the draft. With the 6 or 7 rookies wanny wants, we are looking to spend about 2.2 million. That means we have 1.0 million to spend on FAs, unless we cut anyone after June 1.
So from today to June 1, we have 1.0 million to spend... we can't even get Cris Carter for that.

So from today to June 1, we have 1.0 million to spend... we can't even get Cris Carter for that.

Sure we could, if we sign him to a low contract with easy reach incentives...Ye gads...whatsa meesa sayin?!?

You have to remember, the rookies don't have to be signed to contracts until after June 1st so the 'Fins can go a little bit over on spending if someone, ie. Blake Brockemeyer, comes along for the right price. I would love to see him get a shot on our O-line. Another veteran DE needs to be signed too so there goes another couple hundred thousand.

Brockemeyer - No way<<<

Originally posted by Expo88
You have to remember, the rookies don't have to be signed to contracts until after June 1st so the 'Fins can go a little bit over on spending if someone, ie. Blake Brockemeyer, comes along for the right price. I would love to see him get a shot on our O-line. Another veteran DE needs to be signed too so there goes another couple hundred thousand.
I don't want to Brockemeyer in Phins uniform even at the minimum:yell: The guy is an overacheiver, constantly injured, compensates athletic ability with over aggressiveness (habitually flagged) !!! I do not see where he would be ab upgrade--let alone improve the O-L . He sort of reminds me of Gogan, good size and power but slow feet, limited athleticly, and constantly costing the team in stupid penalty's :fire: :mad: Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom