What games are you going to this season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What games are you going to this season?

mikemosha90

Number 13
Reaction score
Living in Tampa, I can't make it to too many home games, but this year I'm going to try and see the Dolphins at least three times. I'm driving down to see the Bucs game (with my friends who are Bucs fans...) and the Colts game (with a friend who's a Colts fan..) Then I'm going to be driving up to Jacksonville for that game.

What about you guys?

It all depends on which weekends the Hurricanes and Dolphins are both at home because I'll definitely be going to both games during the weekends they share the stadium.

Other than that, I'll be attending these:

@ Atlanta
@ Carolina
@ Jacksonville
@ Tennessee

If I can get my finances right, I'd love to make that trip to San Diego!

If you come to SD, I'll buy you a beer...I'll either be driving or flying in..depends on how motivated I am.

The biggest thing right now is waiting on the schedule to be released. A lot depends on when the San Diego game is. It would be ideal if it were on September 13th or on a Monday night or the weekend of the North Carolina or Wake Forest games so that I could get back home and to another airport quickly. Getting time off of work would be no problem. My biggest concern is how it conflicts with the Hurricanes schedule and which airport I would have to fly out of to get to San Diego. It's going to be tricky indeed. I could be in Miami for a 'Canes game and the Dolphins play the Chargers at 1:00PM the next day in San Diego and have to fly out of Greenville to Lauderdale and then from Lauderdale to wherever in California and then from California to probably Atlanta just to get back home lol.

I know that if you fly into SD, you can take the trolley right from the airport to the stadium.

Trolley hits the Gaslamp down there too. Gaslamp's pretty solid.

I know that if you fly into SD, you can take the trolley right from the airport to the stadium.

Trolley hits the Gaslamp down there too. Gaslamp's pretty solid.

How many airports do you know of around the area?

I recently found a new airline that flies right out of Greenville where I live and into Lauderdale for only $130. It costs me roughly $100 to drive down—not including stops for food, roadside attractions, etc. I figure it's worth the extra $30 to save the mileage on my car in this economy. Plus, I seen on Yahoo where a lot of airlines are cutting back on airfare calling it "distress airfare sales." I might look into flights out of regional airports near me just to get an idea. I found a great deal on my flight to Blacksburg for only $176. Once the Dolphins schedule drops, I'm booking that one immediately.

How many airports do you know of around the area?

I recently found a new airline that flies right out of Greenville where I live and into Lauderdale for only $130. It costs me roughly $100 to drive down—not including stops for food, roadside attractions, etc. I figure it's worth the extra $30 to save the mileage on my car in this economy. Plus, I seen on Yahoo where a lot of airlines are cutting back on airfare calling it "distress airfare sales." I might look into flights out of regional airports near me just to get an idea. I found a great deal on my flight to Blacksburg for only $176. Once the Dolphins schedule drops, I'm booking that one immediately.

San Diego International is right there...plus I think the trolley goes there.

Tijuana Airport..but I wouldn't recommend going to Tijuana (though it is sometimes cheaper).

Further north you've got LAX, Orange County, etc., but those are a pain in the *** to drive from..though the price may be worth it..it's up to you.

Yes sir, right across the border. It's always been bad over there, but with the recent drug wars, it's gotten worse..so I wouldn't recommend flying into there.

SAN is your best bet, but check on LAX too.

I wouldn't have a problem flying into Tijuana but my thing is that I'm not really up-to-date with the regulations, codes, etc., of flying in and out of the country and crossing borders, etc. I don't even have a passport.

IIRC, I don't think you need a passport for there (at least yet anyway), but with the recent surge in violence there, I wouldn't recommend it.

Yeah I'm getting too old for the violent matters lol. I'll have to check out some prices. I actually just got an email from Southwest about cheap airfare. Unfortunately, their closest hub to me is in Birmingham, Alabama. That's at the very least five hours away.

I'm flying Virgin America or Southwest down...or I may just drive.

What airlines are where you're at?

Usually I fly out of Atlanta on Airtran but I recently found out the Allegiant Air flies out of my my city and straight to Lauderdale for about $50 cheaper than I get out of Atlanta. I've been looking at flights from Greenville, SC to San Diego and the cheapest I could find was $460 out of Greenville. I might be able to find one cheaper out of Charlotte or Atlanta. Charlotte is about an hour North and Atlanta about 2.5 hours South.

Back
Top Bottom