What group of Players will be Miami's "Go To Package" on offense? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What group of Players will be Miami's "Go To Package" on offense?

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
The Miami Heat had a "Go To Package" with Wade/James/Bosh/Haslem/Miller . . .even though the latter 2 weren't starters, the Heat felt this was their best group on the court at any given time.

We all know the Dolphins have 11 players on offense.

1 QB and 5 OL . . . leaving 5 spots for skill positions.

My question is, what group of guys would you consider Miami's "Go To Package" on offense this upcomming season.

Here is mines:

RB - Reggie Bush
WR - Marshall/Bess/Gates
TE - Fasano

What do you guys think? Would you put Thomas and Bush and drop a WR? Maybe Hartline over Gates, or even Clay instead of Fasano. Maybe even the wildcat and no QB? What group do you think gives us the best chance for success on any given play?

Bush
Clay
Marshall/Gates/Bess

Fasano will get benefit of open seams created by Gates and Bush. Clay will be the go to guy in red zone. But any way you slice it to me, the offense is predicated on whoever is open. Brady always gets it to the open guy.

I would say.

RB - Bush
TE - Fasano
WR #1 - Marshall
WR #2 - Gates
WR #3 (slot) - Bess

I put Gates in there because with him they have to respect his speed, he takes the top off the defense and prevents the safeties from cheating over to Marshall or playing close to the line to stop Bush.

I would say.

RB - Bush
FB - Clay
TE - Fasano
WR #1 - Marshall
WR #2 - Gates
WR #3 (slot) - Bess

I put Gates in there because with him they have to respect his speed, he takes the top off the defense and prevents the safeties from cheating over to Marshall or playing close to the line to stop Bush. Clay allows us to use the FB as a pass catching threat unlike Polite. It's actually a pretty tough defensive matchup and a lot of options for Henne to throw to.

Ummmmmm :)

Thomas, Gates, Hartline, Marshall, Bess. Thomas>Bush for blocking and not being a *****.

Thomas, Gates, Hartline, Marshall, Bess. Thomas>Bush for blocking and not being a *****.

You really think Thomas is better for blocking? You really think a rookie is going to be able to make blitz pickups?

You've got some strong Reggie Bush hate going on.

Bush was the best blocking back on the Saints...doubt the rookie is better than him at this point..but it's possible.

If I were running the offense I would have 4 wide, with Bush and Bess in the slot and Thomas as the single back.

whatever it is get gates on the field to keep defenses honest...even if he's a decoy send those wheels down the field to keep safeties from coming forward...gates is a key guy for us...hope he's ready

In 3 WR sets..

RB - Reggie Bush
WR - Marshall/Gates/Bess
TE - Fasano

In 2 TE sets..

RB - Reggie Bush
WR - Marshall/Gates
TE - Fasano
TE/H-Back - Clay

Or maybe to confuse opponents..

RB - Reggie Bush
FB - Clay
WR - Marshall/Gates
TE - Fasano

And then either (a) Reggie Bush goes in motion to the slot receiver position, or (b) Clay goes in motion to the TE/H-back position. Keep opponents guessing.

In 3 WR sets..

RB - Reggie Bush
WR - Marshall/Gates/Bess
TE - Fasano

In 2 TE sets..

RB - Reggie Bush
WR - Marshall/Gates
TE - Fasano
TE/H-Back - Clay

Or maybe to confuse opponents..

RB - Reggie Bush
FB - Clay
WR - Marshall/Gates
TE - Fasano

And then either (a) Reggie Bush goes in motion to the slot receiver position, or (b) Clay goes in motion to the TE/H-back position. Keep opponents guessing.
A single back look with two TEs...that could be very interesting. Lots of possibilities in that formation especially if the defense comes out in nickel you've got mismatches with Clay probably matched up on the slot corner and Reggie on a linebacker.

Back
Top Bottom