What happen to that Karim Abdul Jabar RB?

Steve Mo

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What happen to that Karim guy I saw for a while and then he..... Well... Is in the NFL I guess... Does anyone know what happen to him? I thought he was young so I dont think he called it quits so can you help me out?

QuebecFinsFan

Scout Team
Reaction score
you mean...

Abdul Karim Al-Jabbar right?:lol:

Don't know where he is... The last time i noticed him he was in a Colts uniform?

Muck

Now completely imaginary
Hammered
Reaction score
We traded him to CLeveland in '99. Changed his name to Abdul-Karim al-Jabbar. Then he went to Indy in 2000. Tore up his knee early. He's been out of football since.

Cranx

Hammered
Reaction score
Too bad, the guy had a great attitude and worked really hard. He could've been a good third down back for someone. I guess that's football though.

Steve Mo

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I thought he was pretty good too... He had 15 TDs in the same year rushing!

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
He was too concerned with his religion instead of football. Too me, football is my religion!!

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Originally posted by Muck
We traded him to CLeveland in '99. Changed his name to Abdul-Karim al-Jabbar. Then he went to Indy in 2000. Tore up his knee early. He's been out of football since.
One of the reasons we traded him was because of his knee..the phins knew it was only a matter of time before it went..I was surprise he lasted as long as he did afterwards..but it finally wen out on him in Indy...Huh?

Bodzilla29

The Shiznit
Reaction score
He would be a horrible 3rd down back! He doesn't have good hands and isn't very fast or elusive. He was small and slow, and has bad knees. He is definately out forever.

EddieIrvine13

Active Roster
Reaction score
He got us in the endzone! Didn't he have 15 TDs in '98? He sucked it up in Cleveland...
FYI, he was sued by Kareem Abdul Jabbar the basketball legend for having the same name as him... that is why he changed it.

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

One of the reasons we traded him was because of his knee..the phins knew it was only a matter of time before it went..I was surprise he lasted as long as he did afterwards..but it finally wen out on him in Indy...Huh?
How do/did you/they know that?

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
Thanks Bod....I know what degenerative means though...What I want to know I guess is, what was the condition? And was Cleveland aware of it also?

Top Bottom