What Happened In Green Bay (blecherreport Article) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Happened In Green Bay (blecherreport Article)

superphin

don't go clown shoes on us
Club Member
Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

Virtually all of them agree this era of Packers football is missing rings. Many rings. And sure, there's blame to spread. Some cite former general manager Ted Thompson literally falling asleep in meetings by the end of his tenure. Some cite the defense's innate ability to self-destruct each January.

But central to it all are the two Packers who lasted the longest.

McCarthy and Rodgers.

Where Jermichael Finley, a Packers tight end from 2008 to 2013, sees a self-entitled quarterback and bad leader, Grant thinks it's idiotic for anyone to complain about such a transcendent talent. Where Greg Jennings, a Packers receiver from 2006 to 2012, sees Rodgers as an ultrasensitive source of toxicity, others lambast McCarthy for wasting a gift from the football gods.

One ex-Packers scout puts it on both. He describes Rodgers as an arrogant quarterback quick to blame everyone but himself—one who's "not as smart as he thinks he is"—yet kindly points out that McCarthy basically quit on his team.

I pointed out several years ago how odd it was to me that Rodgers always seemed to get a free pass from the media type despite his penchant for going 1 and done in the playoffs or not making it at all. Just odd. While other quarterbacks get hammered unmercifully.

His inconsistent post season success is because his teammates and coaches just don't like him.

Yeah Rodgers is a known ass. If you piss him off he's going to hold a grudge forever (he did it with ESPN for not only his draft year but also making fun of him when Favre left) but the criticism for McCarthy and the Packers for a long time had been that the gameplan for too long had been rely on Rodgers.

Just sounds like changes needed to be made much earlier

I’d trade our #13 this year and our 2020 #1 plus whatever within reason for Aaron Rodgers right now. We would instantly be a Super Bowl contender for the next few(several) years.

Back
Top Bottom