What happened to Andrew Franks? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happened to Andrew Franks?

CammyCamCam

QB Coach
Reaction score
Wasn't he the reason we made the playoffs last year... was he even injured or just replaced by Parkey?

Parkey inspires more confidence than Franks. Franks technique was very inconsistent.

Sturgis is doing well though, afaik, and there were plenty dumping on him when he was here.

Not a very good kicker. One great kick last year after two sub par seasons

Didn't stir his get replaced by Elliot in Philly. I remember he kicked that 61 yarder

One kick wonder pretty much sums up his Dolphins career. He was replaced by a significantly better kicker.

He was brought in for workouts when Tampa was replacing Nick Folk but Patrick Murray was chosen over him.

I feel comfortable with Parkey as our kicker. The fact of the game these days is that PATs are no longer automatic - that was the NFL's decision to place the kicks back at the 15 yard line rather than the two, all to make the games more interesting.

With Parkey, I am no longer worried about the kicking game as much as I used to. The guy is money it seems.
He's all business.

He wasn't very good. Forget that he hit that lucky shot in Buffalo which he probably made because of the rush of the situation, he really couldn't ever be counted upon to hit field goals of reasonable length which really handicapped us.

Back
Top Bottom