What happened to Chambers' Caught Percentage? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happened to Chambers' Caught Percentage?

KeyHawk

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just comparing Seahawks’ Wrs D Jackson and K Robinson to Fins’ WR Chambers. Jackson and Robinson dropped a lot of passes in 2003, thus resulting in a relatively low Caught Percentage. I didn’t realize that Chambers had an even lower Caught Percentage (49%).

What happened to Chambers? Did he drop a lot of passes? Was there too much coverage on him? Were the Quarterbacks somewhat off target on the passes?

Note: The stats in the site below are unofficial, however, I saw the same ones in a different site as well. IMO, they are reliable.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr.php

It would've been a lot better if his arms were four feet long. I think Jay Fiedler's agent complained about all of Miami's receivers having short arms.

Chambers doesnt quite have short arms.

What is this statistic measuring, out of curiousity? Passes identifiably thrown towards someone, and not caught for whatever reason?

According to Stats Inc., here we go:

Leaders in passes not caught(Truncated for space)
1. Amani Toomer - 89
2. Peerless Price - 77
3. Laveranous Coles- 76
4t. Chris Chambers- 66
4t Torry Holt- 66
4t Terrell Owens- 66
7t Anquan Boldin- 64
7t- Plaxico Burress- 64
7t- Chad Johnson- 64
10 Darrell Jackson- 62

HOWEVER, they also have a catogory for Passes Dropped.

This seems more reasonable. People you see dropping passes are on it.

1. Darrell Jackson- 12
1t. Fred Taylor- 12
3t. Lavernous Coles- 11
3t. Terrell Owens- 11
3t. Travis Taylor- 11
6t. Anquan Boldin- 10
6t Antonio Bryant- 10
6t Andre Johnson- 10
6t- Koren Robinson- 10
6t- Steve Smith- 10

Other notables.

Daniel "Stonehands" Graham- 7.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
Chambers doesnt quite have short arms.

What is this statistic measuring, out of curiousity? Passes identifiably thrown towards someone, and not caught for whatever reason?

Not sure exactly what it measures. I know this much, though. D-Jack and K-Rob dropped an awful lot of passes and Seahawk WR Bobby Engram caught anything tossed his way. So, the caught percentages for the Hawks' receivers seem reliable. It would appear that the caught percentage measures passes that should be caught whether difficult or not. Just my opinion.

Chambers doesn't drop a whole lot of passes. On the contrary, he made ALOT of unbelievable grabs with those long, lanky arms.

clear.gif
clear.gif

clear.gif
clear.gif

clear.gif
clear.gif

clear.gif
clear.gif

clear.gif

What you can't see there is the Redskin defender directly infront/on top of Chambers.

clear.gif

the answer is no, chambers didnt just drop a bunch of passes. He atleast 90% of the pases that were thrown well and came right to him. The passes that it will showfor dropped are for when jay threw a bad pass and chambers almost made it even though it was horrible.. jays deep balls...etc , chambers needs a good QB and those dropped passes will go down to like 3.

I don't want it to seem like I'm bashing Jay. But could you guys imagine what Chambers would've done with a better line and a better QB? God...I've got chillbumps!

Great pics Muck!!! That was my point on him having better stats if his arms were 4 feet long.

Originally posted by KeyHawk
Were the Quarterbacks somewhat off target on the passes?

Bingo, cept I'd change "somewhat" to "usually"

shoot, if our WRs are able to make the miracle errant passses just think about a QB w/ better accuracy can do for them. It's all just been a training exercise, but during regular season games, yeah that's it. :)

I like(d) Fiedler, but let's get the uprgade in QB (just felt like stating the obvious)

Back
Top Bottom