What Happened to Jason Jones??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Happened to Jason Jones???

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Are we really set at the DE position? Imagine if Branch or Williams get injured, what is the backup plan? Wake is too fragile to play 3 downs, he is mostly a situational pass rusher now.

I think we do need a rotational DE with experience in the lineup, not a Rookie!!!

Jason Jones would be a great fit in Miami if he is still looking for work.

Are we really set at the DE position? Imagine if Branch or Williams get injured, what is the backup plan? Wake is too fragile to play 3 downs, he is mostly a situational pass rusher now.

I think we do need a rotational DE with experience in the lineup, not a Rookie!!!

David MooreVerified account ‏@DavidMooreDMN Apr 4
DE Jason Jones still in play for Cowboys, source says. Would need to be comparable to 1-year, $1.1 million deal that Jack Crawford signed.

We already have all pro in waiting Dion Jordan, he is totally committed and the best athlete to ever be drafted

Wake, Williams, Fede, Jordan, Branch, McCain, Laing and maybe Damontre Moore. Add in that the team will likely draft a DE. I doubt Miami drafts him, but DE Emmanuel Ogbah is one of my favorite players in the draft

We already have all pro in waiting Dion Jordan, he is totally committed and the best athlete to ever be drafted

12476776-large.jpg

sup

Great pass-rushers and average/poor run-stoppers: Wake, Williams, Laing
Good run-stoppers and average/poor pass-rushers: Fede and Branch

Underperformers who can theoretically do both: Moore, Jordan, McCain

There's a whole lot of "hopefully" and "what if?" in that DE room. Could be great or could be a disaster (Wake gets injured again, Williams gets demotivated and nobody else steps up)

Ideally, we should draft someone who is solid in both aspects, maybe leaning towards pass-rush given the age of Wake and Williams. The ideal guy is Lawson, if we go DE early. His partner Dodd might be there in the second, as he seems to be slipping. I love Dodd's first step, but he's not the athlete that Lawson is. Both excellent against the run. Jihad Ward worth a look later in the draft.

Great pass-rushers and average/poor run-stoppers: Wake, Williams, Laing
Good run-stoppers and average/poor pass-rushers: Fede and Branch

Underperformers who can theoretically do both: Moore, Jordan, McCain

There's a whole lot of "hopefully" and "what if?" in that DE room. Could be great or could be a disaster (Wake gets injured again, Williams gets demotivated and nobody else steps up)

Ideally, we should draft someone who is solid in both aspects, maybe leaning towards pass-rush given the age of Wake and Williams. The ideal guy is Lawson, if we go DE early. His partner Dodd might be there in the second, as he seems to be slipping. I love Dodd's first step, but he's not the athlete that Lawson is. Both excellent against the run. Jihad Ward worth a look later in the draft.

Jordan has never been good against the run at any level

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

That guys shows more comittment than Dion

It's okay. Dion Jordan and all of our offensive guards are eating healthy and lifting weights. We are Super Bowl bound.

We still have a draft. I'm certain we'll take at least one pass rusher. In the short term I think we're pretty comfortable. Williams can probably be in on 80% of snaps. Wake and Branch can take up the full allotment of snaps on the opposite side. Obviously if someone is injured we're not going to look very good, but when you struggle to field a team of solid starters obviously you're going to suffer when your backups are thrust into action. It's probably one of our deeper positions...especially after we add a guy to the mix in the draft.

Jordan has never been good against the run at any level

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

That guys shows more comittment than Dion

Branch is not good against the run either. His skill set is pass rushing, which he hasnt gotten good at.

Branch did ok against the run for the Jags, but his pass rush, which in college was his strong suit, never materialised.

5203035.jpg

Yes, he's coming off a major injury ... But he's not made of glass.

Is he what he once was? No, but Wake is gonna surprise a lot of people this year that have written him off.

Lol. Dion Jordan. Did someone said Dion Jordan. I noticed there wasn't a picture of him reporting for work this morning. LMFAO.

Back
Top Bottom