What Happened to Miami’s Salary Cap? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Happened to Miami’s Salary Cap?

So then maybe we have $20 million in cap space???

I have zero clue. I've never been one to over-analyze my teams cap situations. I've visited and seen the various sites before, but I never knew how accurate they were.

There's nothing to lighten up about. I'm not upset. Why would I be.

Nothing has been explained, though. You and the other guy are just speculating.

Considering how none of the other leagues operate in the same manner, it still doesn't make any sense to me. They should be able to change it.

Place this in the same file of things that make no sense like how NBA doesn't process draft day trades as the NFL does and makes their draftees wear gear for a team they aren't playing for.

Stupidity.
im not speculating. Read the CBA.

I think it's fairly obvious why it is defined as it is.

The last sentence is really the key.

The other leagues don't have a hard cap, and the owners don't have the type of revenue sharing as do NFL owners.

The NFL also doesn't have a situation where a team like the Yankees can spend five times more than the Royals year after year.

I think you are oversimplifying the whole issue TBH.

At any rate, it isn't worth arguing about to me.

I wasn't under the impression we were arguing. Thought it was a discussion.

I'm not an expert on CBA and cap situations. Don't wish to be.

Just always seemed silly to me that the NFL operates completely different than these other leagues. And I'm not convinced it's necessary. Just something that's broken. But could be fixed.

But apparently that's just me. Oh well. C'est la vie.

Maybe I don't value special teams enough, but I struggle to understand how Carter was worth 2.7 mill. I made the mistake underestimating Blake Ferguson, and was glad he made me feel foolish for not being happy we spent a 6th on a LS.

But I fail to justify paying a STer/FB/TE/CethanCarter that much. Hopefully his contributions on the field do that for me.

EVERY team has 2-3 ST aces who make pretty good money. Even the, $2-3mm isn't much

im not speculating. Read the CBA.

If you say so. I'll take your word for it.

I'm never going to read the CBA. No thanks.

I'm more likely to read T&C's from my bank website before I'd ever bore myself to death with sports CBA's.

As a sports fan of 45 years, I have a rudimentary understanding of all the sports leagues. No need for me to get that in depth.

Thought Miami was in good shape with the cap heading into the off-season with?

Now Miami has to make moves to sign their draft class?

We signed guys. Plus the cap was lowered this year. We are fine. Based on some of the guys who wont be here day 1, we will have healthy amount of room. Plus the cap will go back up for next year.

If you say so. I'll take your word for it.

I'm never going to read the CBA. No thanks.

I'm more likely to read T&C's from my bank website before I'd ever bore myself to death with sports CBA's.

As a sports fan of 45 years, I have a rudimentary understanding of all the sports leagues. No need for me to get that in depth.
I can see both sides of the debate.

As for it being changed? I don't see it happening in the near future. The owners would have to concede something mighty big to get the player's union to go along.

We signed guys. Plus the cap was lowered this year. We are fine. Based on some of the guys who wont be here day 1, we will have healthy amount of room. Plus the cap will go back up for next year.
I know the cap was lowered but man I can’t remember who Miami signed lol

Some teams added void years to free up cap space this year with the potential threat of dead cap in the future.

I don't think Miami did that with any of their one year deals.

So, guys like Fuller and Brissett take up around 15 mil of cap space in 2021 for example.

If they had signed Fuller to an one year deal with 2 void years, for example, his cap hit would of been around 4.5mil in 2021(instead of around ~10.5mil) with a potential of 6mil dead in 2022 had they not come to an extension prior to his contract expiring.

Dolphins have options to make cap space either by cuts, restructuring or by extensions.

We are fine in regards to cap shape.

We know EXACTLY how much the rookies will make as their contracts are set by contracted rules... and we need a very small amount of money in order to sign them.

Grant and Fejedelem should cover that.

Extensions will be handed out if we genuinely like the player after June 1st, and restructuring need not be done at all.

Back
Top Bottom