What happened to wilkerson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happened to wilkerson

alopez34

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
What happened to ben wilkerson the center from lsu. everyone was picking him to be our third round pick and now no one has him. what happened that i am not aware of?

Kiper has him going in the 6th round, and this is mostly due to injury concerns. He is coming off a torn patellar tendon and something else that I would be concerned about but few others mention is that he is two years removed from back surgery, having had a disc shaved in the L5 region. I would not be at all surprised if he has recurring back problems in the NFL, since those types of surgeries are not a permanent cure all. Then again he could go several years with no more problems, but you don't want to risk a 1st day pick on a player with injury concerns of this kind.

I don't know about Wilkerson myself but we really need to spend our 3rd or 4th on a center since it's a fairly deep center draft.

MrClean said:
Kiper has him going in the 6th round, and this is mostly due to injury concerns. He is coming off a torn patellar tendon and something else that I would be concerned about but few others mention is that he is two years removed from back surgery, having had a disc shaved in the L5 region. I would not be at all surprised if he has recurring back problems in the NFL, since those types of surgeries are not a permanent cure all. Then again he could go several years with no more problems, but you don't want to risk a 1st day pick on a player with injury concerns of this kind.
6TH ROUND :eek:

It's injuries, as well as, I believe some people feel better with the talk about Wade possibly moving to center, he HAS TO BE an improvement over Seth. But if you see Nick draft Ben with the 3rd, then that means his knee should be ok, cause if anyone knows, how he is, it's Nick.

VanDolPhan said:
He'll be gone in the 2nd. If he's there when we pick then omg we gotta grab him.

I'd wet my pants :eek:

I also heard that he is "only" around 295,,,that is big but he is not huge for a Center...I also believe he is only 20 years old...even though he won the Rimington Award (co shared it) for best Center, he has been injured...he might be worth a 2nd day pick...He could have been a guy like Dwight Stephenson (potentially) but not with the injuries.

I'll forth that...And if this kid is 7 and in middle school, he must be brilliant! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom