What happens with Ricky? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happens with Ricky?

TorontoFin

Trapped in Trudeaupia
Reaction score
We all know that saban was instrumental in working out an agreement where Ricky could play and have his financial obligations to the team forgiven. Saban was also important in getting the best out of a Ricky most people thought was physically finished. Now what?
Being in Toronto, I know Ricky's heart isn't in coming back to Mia, but was likely going to return without a fuss because of a working relationship with Saban.
Is forcing Ricky back going to be a much tougher task?

You are speculating that Ricky will feel "forced". It seems to me that he will be glad to return to Miami under a new head coach, if it is a coach that works with him.

No we cant force him but the money he owes the Dolphins will... Ricky is a valuable asset when hes on the football field. If he wants to be a Dolphin good for us If he doesnt Bad for him He owes us money.

It's a no lose with Ricky. He's a pro bowl type of running back who will be making the minimum (actually basically playing for free). I like Ronnie Brown but as a # 2 pick I am expecting a 1500 yard a year back. He might be there in the next couple of year but he also might not (plus he gets banged up). Him and Ricky will be good for us next year like the Bears with Benson and Thomas. If we somehow can convince Sammy Morris to come bacK (other teams will be interested) that will take so much pressure off of our QB and will be one less worry this off-season (Lord knows we have a lot). Ricky is who he is and he's done what he's done but the Dolphins don't pay him for what he does off the field, they pay him for what he does on it and if he's eligible to be on it, he should be. He's obviously shown he won't be a distraction in the locker room (when he left in 04 it was a way bigger story and issue) so there really isn't much downside to having him on our team!

I agree NY with all you said. My only point is it might be a struggle to get him back here

Back
Top Bottom