What happens with Rookies if they get hurt. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happens with Rookies if they get hurt.

Phinsdude

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I was just wondering what the waiver the rookies sign does for the player. I say Pac Man Jones got hurt in camp, now say he blows his knee out real bad, he is the 6th overall pick, getting a lot of money, what happens. I also saw, in a sad incident, Kevin Everett tore his ACL, that sucks. What happens to these guys money wise.

all i know is that their teams are probly sayin **** right now

Phinsdude said:
I was just wondering what the waiver the rookies sign does for the player. I say Pac Man Jones got hurt in camp, now say he blows his knee out real bad, he is the 6th overall pick, getting a lot of money, what happens. I also saw, in a sad incident, Kevin Everett tore his ACL, that sucks. What happens to these guys money wise.

u said u saw him blow his knee out real bad???? lol little bit of an exaggeration there ......

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (April 29, 2005) -- Adam "Pacman" Jones was pulled from an afternoon workout when he experienced tightness in his lower body during the Tennessee Titans' rookie orientation.

Jones, a cornerback from West Virginia who was the first defensive player taken in the draft, left the practice field with a trainer approximately 25 minutes into the session. He returned 10 minutes later but did not participate in any drills.

Neither Jones nor head coach Jeff Fisher would confirm whether the problem was in the groin or a hamstring.

"(They) pulled me out of drills a little early so I sat back and watched for the most part," Jones said. "I'm all right."

Most of them sign waivers assuring them some sort of compensation if they get hurt, remember that most of these guys aren't actually under contract yet. I don't think they woudl get all that money they would have liked

patsdynasty said:
u said u saw him blow his knee out real bad???? lol little bit of an exaggeration there ......

Actually... he said SAY that he blows out his knee, he wasn't saying that's what happened. It wouldn't hurt to read carefully before correcting someone.

Phinsdude said:

Injury protection language differs from team to team, but for the most part the player will receive a contract similar to the guy drafted in his spot last year if he gets injured prior to signing a contract. In fact, I just received one of these letters in the mail a couple of days ago from the Denver Broncos.

I was in a rush and didn't phrase it right, thanks for correcting me above. Thank You Brett for coming in and answering the question. It's painful to see these players lose a lot of money, I don't know why, it's not like I am losing millions, but it's still scary. I remember I believe Gus Scott blew his ACL for the Pats last year before he was signed to a deal I believe, something along those lines, and lost a lot of money. How are your clients doing Brett?

it was a little confusing but ok, yeah scott lost alot of $$ on that one and im not too happy hes even on the team because I still remember him being burned all day long by pk sam in the fsu win at uf 2 years ago. but, maybe he will be a better pro than college player...

...and here I was busy looking so I could phone up my buddy the titans fan, same one who phoned me at midnight letting me know about Ricky so he could laught at me.

Typical depressing Monday.

Back
Top Bottom