What history shows Dolphins could get with slight trade down. And potential options | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What history shows Dolphins could get with slight trade down. And potential options

I didn't know Hunt graded that well later in the season so I thank you for that. That would make me a little less inclined to think Sewell is the no-brainer at 3 if we have to pick there.

You always want to get a "difference maker" when you can and we should be able to at 3. That said, I think I'd gladly trade Chase/Smith/Waddle at 3 for Moore plus Bateman/Wallace in a trade down.
Good point on Hunt. He played well down the stretch.

I think Atlanta might be interested in qb so if they are afraid a team will jump them they might want to trade up one spot.

Bengals make sense but they just don't make trades.

Think Eagles will ride with Hurts or Wentz....if Hurts they will trade Wentz to Colts....They probably go CB.

Panthers might be our best bet to trade back, they probably want to upgrade from Bridgewater.
I also believe Carolina could be the best trade partner. Just makes sense.

What would Houston do if they still had their picks? Draft Sewell, Smith or Chase because they have their QB. Going into our week 7 bye Flores gave 2 weeks notice that Tua would be our starter moving forward. When he struggled in Denver and got benched Flores came out and said he was the starter. When he struggled vs the Raiders and got benched Flores came out and said he was the starter. After we lost to the Bills by 30 points week 17 Grier came out immediately and said Tua was the 2021 starter. I understand not wanting to believe the writing on the wall, but nothing our team has done suggests they don’t have the guy they want at QB.

The argument you take (potentially) the 3rd rated QB prospect over a player that can immediately help the team win is something I can’t agree with less. Especially if that QB is Wilson who faced inferior defenses each week and isn’t anywhere near as NFL ready as Lawrence. Just watch BYU vs Coastal Carolina (the only legitimately difficult game on their schedule).

You make valid points and I would tend to agree if we had the 1st overall pick. I believe in Tua, but I would be upset if we didn’t at least throughly vet Lawrence. I would be slightly disappointed, but I could live with us drafting him.
Your post does NOT reflect what I've clearly articulated in multiple threads/posts.

Does most everyone think a trade down will only take place when we are on the clock and other teams see who is available?

What if the Jets pick Sewell at 2.

I’m all in for a small trade down. But struggle to fathom why some posters are all in with Smith at, say 7, but disgusted at taking him at 3.

If there are no trades available, pull the trigger on Smith at 3 and light a cigar. F**k it

I don’t know if digusted is the right word. But value certainly is. We want to maximize our draft picks and when it’s possible to get Smith at 5 or maybe 6 and you take him at 3 then you haven’t maximized your position. Ofocurse if there aren’t any takers that’s a different story.

What if the Jets pick Sewell at 2.
I do not see the Jets taking Sewell at 2, long term If both Becton and Sewell become studs they are going to have to pay 50 per in five yrs for tackles. Even if the cap is 250 million then, 20 percent of their cap for tackles Does not make sense. Tua out preformed Darnord this yr. The Jets either need to trade for a qb or take Wilson or Fields

I really hope the Eagles are able to move Wentz for at least a late second. I'm afraid they might be too content going into next season w the same QB room and continue seeing whether Wentz regains form or Hurts pans out. If they get offers for Wentz I'm sure they would let him go and would certainly entertain trading up for a QB to compete w Hurts.

LOL best case scenario for us the Falcons, Eagles and Lions all decide to trade their current high-priced QBs to teams picking later in the first and the Lions trade up to our pick.

THEN we could get the proverbial King's Ransom from the extra ammo those teams will have acquired from having traded their own QBs away.

Matt Ryan to 9ers, Wentz to Colts and Stafford to Pats. Eagles trade for Watson after they miss out on the QBs.

Bengals get Sewell.

Texans get #6, pick Surtain and go full tank mode for next year.

We pick Smith @#7.

Damn, that all sounds all too possible.

Then we could get #7 plus whatever the Lions got from the Pats for Stafford.

Last edited:
If the Jets take Sewell at #2 the value of pick #3 increases significantly, with both Wilson and Fields still available. The question becomes does Miami see that same value and take another QB, make a another selection or do they trade it for additional draft capital.

Back
Top Bottom