What history shows Dolphins could get with slight trade down. And potential options | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What history shows Dolphins could get with slight trade down. And potential options

I’m all in for a small trade down. But struggle to fathom why some posters are all in with Smith at, say 7, but disgusted at taking him at 3.

If there are no trades available, pull the trigger on Smith at 3 and light a cigar. F**k it
I am the biggest proponent for trading down for Smith or Chase. And I believe there is aways trade down deal.

But if you force me and say there is no taker for trade, I am with you, take Smith at 3.

I never believe these two words, reach and steal. Only good or bust.

Ppl tend to be in polar opposite when it comes to Tua. Either he is a bust and need to take a qb high, or he will be an all pro.

I give him an incomplete grade this year. No camp, no wr, no rb, three rooks on OL.

Be patient, give him wr, better geled OL, and an OC who knows how to call plays for him, then we can pass judgment after next season. We gave RT seven year to show what he can do for crying out loud.

Ppl tend to be in polar opposite when it comes to Tua. Either he is a bust and need to take a qb high, or he will be an all pro.

I give him an incomplete grade this year. No camp, no wr, no rb, three rooks on OL.

Be patient, give him wr, better geled OL, and an OC who knows how to call plays for him, then we can pass judgment after next season. We gave RT seven year to show what he can do for crying out loud.
Actually, I dont think most ppl are polar opposites. It's just that the fringes are very vocal, and like to argue to support a flawed position. The reasonable majority don't care to take part in pointless arguements.

My pappy used to say, "if you are argueing with a fool, he is likely doing the same"

Unless, of course, you are just doing it for an entertaining aside (trolling).

Illegal to cite a journalistic body’s publication? Even if it is a paid membership, wouldn’t that imply that the OP had purchased the rights to access the article?

Under what jurisdiction is this law? Who governs this law?

I don't think you understand how copyright laws work when it comes to publishers.

A few may be released outright, but most of the time, depending on the contract structure, it would have dead money implications to consider as well. They would be far better off trading the guy, even if all they got was a late round pick.

I do think it will be a buyers market in free agency, as teams won't have room to re-sign guys with expiring rookie contracts.
Yeah, the reality will set in pretty early ..... old prices vs new norm.

Interesting to remember that the Saints are in salary cap Hell.... AND will have to jettison.... AND they just happen to be the closest to us (relationship-wise) in recent years.

If Urban is hired by JVille, I bet he drafts Fields #1.

If so, Would St Tebow be his OC?

That's really not going to happen, if anyone believes it will they are crazy tbh. Lawrence is the pick and Urban is probably taking the job partly because of that.

And I'm sure he'll bring in a great OC, like he always does, exciting times ahead for JAX tbh. This is a great hire.

Having the third-overall pick in a draft with three highly-regarded quarterbacks gives the Dolphins delicious options.

Either keep the pick and add an elite offensive talent (receivers DeVonta Smith or Ja’Marr Chase or left tackle Penei Sewell) or trade down to acquire even more assets.

So what could Miami realistically snag in such a trade-down? We’ll get to that in a minute.

First, here’s one dynamic that could potentially help the Dolphins in the draft: Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank this week wouldn’t rule out making a change at quarterback, depending on what the team’s new coach wants to do. Matt Ryan, a four-time Pro Bowler, will turn 36 in May.

“Matt’s been a franchise leader for us,” Blank said. “A great quarterback. One of the leading quarterbacks in the last 13 years in the NFL. So I hope he’s going to be part of our plans going forward. But that will be a decision that I won’t make.”

If there’s any question about the Falcons possibly taking a quarterback at No. 4, that could be the impetus for a QB-needy team to try to jump the Falcons and attempt to obtain Miami’s pick at No. 3.

At least one of the top quarterbacks (Ohio State’s Justin Fields or BYU’s Zach Wilson) will be on the board at No. 3. Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence almost assuredly will go first to Jacksonville.
I would trade back with Atlanta or Detroit for Matt Ryan or Matthew Stafford, respectively. Then I would draft Davonta Smith.

Back
Top Bottom