What I believe is going on | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What I believe is going on

Not a chance we are switching to a 3-4...

We are trying to become the Eagles 2.0...

They run the Wide-9 and have a young QB and sound offensive system....

We run the Wide 9, have a "sound" offensive system, and have a young QB?

Well better get a stud DT like Fletcher Cox unless you think Phillips or Godchaux is that guy. They had Suh, but supposedly he's gone. Seems like one step forward three steps backwards with this team. Instead of needing to fill some spots at LB and FS, now they also have a huge hole in the middle of their D-Line. Phillips better step up his game big time.

It all boils down to drafting the right players. I have been on the side of we need better talent evaluators.

I think that what they are doing is clearing cap space in order to fill some holes on the roster and perhaps gain a little depth. By cutting Suh (June 1st cut) and Timmons, they gain a lot of flexibility that was absent prior to making these moves. Now assuming they also cut Julius Thomas, they will end up with about $24 million in available cap. That gives them enough to sign draft picks and pick up a couple of quality mid-level free agents. I realize that the benefits of making Suh a June 1 cut means they can't use that cap space until the summer but there may be more going on behind the scenes that we just don't know about yet. I am willing to see things play out between now and April 28th before I jump off the cliff and say that I will never watch another Dolphins game, buy any merchandise or make the trip to see a game.

That makes sense but than it makes me wonder why we traded for Quinn? That's 11 million on a team already tight against the cap. Its almost as if this team is run by a total ****ing idiot!!!

As Phinatic stated early in the thread, I think we are going to a 3-4.....or a hybrid anyways.

Yes they won a super bowl in which the opposing qb threw for 500 yards. So yes we are morons for running that defense. Now maybe if we had a few good players on defense that might be different.

I hope they don't plan on replacing Suh with a FA because I don't see any that match what they want their DT's to do....two-down players, head cases and has-beens is all I see on the market.

I certainly agree about it feeling as one step forward, multiple steps back...

But we have a poster on here, who will remain nameless, who swore up and down we were morons for having the Gym Shorts defense because nobody had ever won anything of mention while employing the Wide-9.

Now obviously they just won a SB with Wide-9, so I would be SHOCKED, if the FO changed course all of a sudden.

If they really did, then we would ALL be jumping ship dude, no joke..

The Eagles did prove that you can win a Championship with that style of defense. Of course you need a lot of talent especially on the D-line and at LB. Also would be great to have a true difference maker at FS like a Malcolm Jenkins. The Dolphins have some young talent on defense. Just need to add more talent and speed at LB . If Harris, Phillips and Godchuax don't step up they are going to have invest more in the D-Line as well.

The Eagles did prove that you can win a Championship with that style of defense. Of course you need a lot of talent especially on the D-line and at LB. Also would be great to have a true difference maker at FS like a Malcolm Jenkins. The Dolphins have some young talent on defense. Just need to add more talent and speed at LB . If Harris, Phillips and Godchuax don't step up they are going to have invest more in the D-Line as well.

You also need a terrible defense playing for the other team. Philly’s defense was arguably worse than New England’s in that Super Bowl they just made one play NE didn’t. They ultimately won the game because great coaching took advantage of a talent void (front 7) NE defense. But that Philly defense was HISTORICALLY BAD in the super bowl.

You also need a terrible defense playing for the other team. Philly’s defense was arguably worse than New England’s in that Super Bowl they just made one play NE didn’t. They ultimately won the game because great coaching took advantage of a talent void (front 7) NE defense. But that Philly defense was HISTORICALLY BAD in the super bowl.
True, they were good most of the year and helped carry that team to the Super Bowl. Brady did light them up though. Both defenses in that Super Bowl played like trash. The Eagles D-Line made a big play when they needed to,which pretty much clinched the game for them.

Not sure the reasoning by the Dolphins for getting rid of Suh this season, other than his contract. Even though they will be getting hit with 22 million in dead money against the cap. So for whatever reason he was no longer in their plans. I hope their plan works out, because I am tired of seeing my team lose. Even though I have lost a lot of faith in the current front office, I am going to continue to root for my team and hope for the best. Really no other option as a fan.

giphy.gif

i think we need give Gase the benefit of the doubt and not try to get him fired in a year or 2. that's when they start to reach with overloaded FA contracts and that doesn't work, obviously. we need to give them time to work and build and say in the 5th - 6th year nothing comes then fire them all and start over. crap its been 45-46 years the last time we won, whats another 5-6 to try something new instead of changing every 3 years.

When we traded for Quinn the consensus was he was a better 4-3 DE than a 3-4 rush linebacker.

I have seen mixes on this as I also read he started coming on at the end of last year as he adjusted to the OLB role.

Back
Top Bottom