What I believe is going on | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What I believe is going on

And when we are winning all of you will proclaim the entire front office and coaching staff geniuses. Why not lets just wait out all of the moves and acquisitions and see what the new team looks like. The old roster and makeup didn't get us anywhere.

This is a very well stated post. Things need to be changed a bit, we got nothing to show for anything pre Gase so why not see how it pans out. We haven't even hit official FA yet and the draft is over a month away.

True, they were good most of the year and helped carry that team to the Super Bowl. Brady did light them up though. Both defenses in that Super Bowl played like trash. The Eagles D-Line made a big play when they needed to,which pretty much clinched the game for them.

Not sure the reasoning by the Dolphins for getting rid of Suh this season, other than his contract. Even though they will be getting hit with 22 million in dead money against the cap. So for whatever reason he was no longer in their plans. I hope their plan works out, because I am tired of seeing my team lose. Even though I have lost a lot of faith in the current front office, I am going to continue to root for my team and hope for the best. Really no other option as a fan.

I agree with you. It’s frustrating and every time it feels like the team is headed in the right direction it’s fools gold. A lot went wrong last year and that’s an understatement. Gase seems like a serious no nonsense guy who wants to succeed. Hopefully this is him making sure 2018 is not as negatively eventful as 2017.

If Tannabum, Ross and Gase died on a plane crash on the way to draft to the draft next month I would be upset that they were alive for another month

This is a very well stated post. Things need to be changed a bit, we got nothing to show for anything pre Gase so why not see how it pans out. We haven't even hit official FA yet and the draft is over a month away.
Well its pretty difficult to go there when you go down the list of how well our draft picks have not played the past 2 years, our free agents have not lived up to much and the guy at the helm sunk the Browns and Jets franchises. Plus we are getting 4th round picks for pro bowlers. Sorry the facts say no.

I think we are planning on playing a 4-4-5 defense and needed to free cap space to get the extra players on the field.

Jeff Ireland was a pretty mediocre GM and was terrible at roster building. He could spot talent on occasion but he was mostly a swing and miss guy. When he was finally fired after Ross's half assed coach/gm pairings, I was relieved. We couldn't hire a GM much worse than him, I thought. I mean, Dennis Hickey was a desperate move since no one wanted to work here, but he did a decent job.

Then we went and got one GM who could do a worse job in Mike Tannebaum, as evidenced of his torpedoing their roster in which they still haven't recovered from. I knew it when we hired him it was going to be an even more prolonged depressing years for our Dolphins. I just knew that massive Suh deal was going to blow up in our faces, it had Tannebaums hand prints all over it. A typical T-baum splashy move that does nothing to improve the team. That's how Mike T operates, one random flashy move after the next year by year, moment by moment. He's doing to us what he did to the Jets for years. He's ruining Gase's career with us.

T-baum is the cancer that's eating this team, and Ross hired him because he's one of Ross's guys. He's a New York guy. He's from the Jets. Makes splashy moved. That's Ross's kind of guy. That's why he hasn't been fired yet. Any other team would've canned his was. Hell, after how he ran NYJ to the ground, he never should have been given another GM job again. Yet here he is, destroying our team year by year wasting everyone's time and careers.

Last edited:
What bothers me is not so much the talent leaving, but the negotiations or lack there of to secure talent at a discount price prior to getting to the tipping point (ala Landry) or the lack of foresight to negotiate a deal that avoids capastrophic (cap + catastrophic) numbers like Suh.

They have decided to not over pay in an attempt to keep players that are good but not great and have had us averaging around .500 or below for years. We are cutting bait with the likes of Suh as well, who although a great player is not a leader and freelances too much, often running him self out of the play and losing gap integrity.

I believe the thought process here is to hopefully take one step back to take many steps forward. I love Tannehill, but he could be caught up in this as well. I think we are going to start (or attempt) to build through the draft, sign quality free agents smartly, and not overpay for our own players who will not accept fair offers to be here. It all starts with the draft though. The draft is how you keep your cap down and if you chose wisely, you don't have to gamble with the likes of Albert or overpay for the likes of Suh.

Yes it is hard to see talent leave, but it is not hard to see us not overpay for that talent on a team that has a lot of holes and not a lot of cap space.......so I get it and see what they are doing. Just MHO on the matter.

They didn't decide to stop overpaying as much as they no longer can because the money is all spent. The Suh contract was terrible from the start and it was a matter of when it would have to stop. He didn't make the difference in Detroit or Miami.

The OP mentioned the horrid drafts, yet we are planning to build the team with the draft?
Everything about this team sucks now including the logo.
Hopefully they will change back to the old logo so at least we have that.
I will watch the Fins as a fan of the game of football. The team itself is no longer attractive because of all the bumbling.

Back
Top Bottom