What I Want In A Head Coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What I Want In A Head Coach

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Someone who can manage a game well and think on the fly. Who is a good talent evaluator and will keep the right guys, put them in their correct positions, and play the best players at each position. Someone who holds players accountable for their mistakes or bad play but doesn't overreact. Someone who can and will adjust to what the other team is doing and not just 8 weeks later when you face them again but DURING the game you are playing at the time. Someone who is aggressive and when we have a lead will actually try to score more points making it tougher for our opponents to come back.

Sparano was none of these things except for the overreacting part when he cut good/decent players for 1 bad game even though they were still better players than someone else he left on the roster. It may be too much to ask for one guy to be all of those things, I mean if we got it we'd basically have hit the lottery but hell give me a HC that can at least do some of these things worth a **** please.

PS. idk if Fisher is that guy, and I'm pretty sure he's not the best at some of those things but he is certaintly better at some of them than Sparano so while I don't want Fisher in Miami I wouldn't be too heart broken because at least I'd know it was an upgrade over what we had. Just not a big enough of an upgrade imo.

Back
Top Bottom